Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #1
Customer1

Ground Control 3.0 remote optional or no?

I have the Ground Control 3.0 and am very happy with it's function. I did not receive a remote but eTrailer seems to indicate it comes with the system. Other sources say it is an option.

The question is, if you have the 3.0, did it come with the remote? Checking before I contact the selling dealer.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:25 PM   #2
GeekSquadOfUn

No I did not get one.

But they hose you down pretty good, it's very expensive. $200 I think, not worth it in my humble opinion...
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

When we PDI a trailer with GC 3.0 it doesn’t come with one. When we install it the kit comes with one.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:37 AM   #4
Stircrazy

yes it came with it. the remote also operates the awning, slides and a outside light.

Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
MerlinB

My 2016 Cougar 28SGS is equipped with the Ground Control 3.0 and it came with the remote. As the previous poster stated it also operates the awning and slides. Very handy. I use it all the time and I would be hard pressed to get along without it now.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #6
Pull Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stircrazy View Post
yes it came with it. the remote also operates the awning, slides and a outside light.

Steve
I don't have In Command, but from what I understand, when things go out of sync, nothing works! If you remote the porch light "on", you can't turn it "off" with the wall switch etc... I've heard of several people reverting to the wall switches, and taking the batteries out for the next owner. I don't think it's ready for "Prime Time"... maybe by update 6.2 maybe. IMHO

It'll get even more interesting when GMC/Chevy opt in with their integrated software. You'll be able to check your Black Water while doing a comfortable 70 mph. down the highway. LOL

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #7
CaptnJohn

Somewhere in my office I have a remote from my 2016 Cougar. It actually came with 2. Dealer said 1 was programmed for factory testing. I was going to program it for my unit but traded it 1st. So in my office it sits, a wonder my wife has not tossed it by now,

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:25 AM   #8
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
I don't have In Command, but from what I understand, when things go out of sync, nothing works! If you remote the porch light "on", you can't turn it "off" with the wall switch etc... I've heard of several people reverting to the wall switches, and taking the batteries out for the next owner. I don't think it's ready for "Prime Time"... maybe by update 6.2 maybe. IMHO

It'll get even more interesting when GMC/Chevy opt in with their integrated software. You'll be able to check your Black Water while doing a comfortable 70 mph. down the highway. LOL

Good Luck,
I don't have "in command" cant use my cell phone for anything, mine was the predecessor. In 2016 they used the LCI remote. yes if I use the remote to turn on the front cap light then I have to turn if off before you can use the exterior switch, but that is the only time that happens and its really quite simple, if the switch doesn't work use the remote once then go back to the switch. the slides, awning levelers etc don't have that issue, its just the front cap hitch ight. other than that it is rock solid and once you understand that issue it no longer is an issue.

Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:06 AM   #9
MerlinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stircrazy View Post
I don't have "in command" cant use my cell phone for anything, mine was the predecessor. In 2016 they used the LCI remote. yes if I use the remote to turn on the front cap light then I have to turn if off before you can use the exterior switch, but that is the only time that happens and its really quite simple, if the switch doesn't work use the remote once then go back to the switch. the slides, awning levelers etc don't have that issue, its just the front cap hitch ight. other than that it is rock solid and once you understand that issue it no longer is an issue.

Steve
Exactly!
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote