Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
08quadram

Learned something

Looks like we have to rearrange some of our storage locations for plates, bowls, cups. With our Bullet 269RLS we were thinking we wanted to store those items over the recliners. Well, if you have a smooth road, probably ok. We ended up with 2 broke plates and my favorite coffee mug broke. Corelle make a mess. Luckily we were heading to the mother-in-law's place so we had a vacuum to use. Should have known better that far behind the axles.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #2
RWRiley

This our 1st rear kitchen, and noticed the stuff in the fridge got bounced around pretty bad. We are going to have to do re-arranging too.

24RKPR
RWRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Don't know what kind of doors you have on the overhead cabinets but we use long wooden kitchen spoons wrapped in a cloth and put them across the handles so they can't open. We have a MoreRyde suspension and it travels very smooth but one did come open once (nothing came out). Might work for you vs trying to rearrange everything. You might also try some of the little expandable bars across the doors if it would work.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Don't know what kind of doors you have on the overhead cabinets but we use long wooden kitchen spoons wrapped in a cloth and put them across the handles so they can't open. We have a MoreRyde suspension and it travels very smooth but one did come open once (nothing came out). Might work for you vs trying to rearrange everything. You might also try some of the little expandable bars across the doors if it would work.
These work well for me: https://www.amazon.com/Adoric-Slidin...s%2C145&sr=8-4
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:35 PM   #5
08quadram

Doors stayed shut, just bounced hard enough that the plate at the bottom broke.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:58 PM   #6
tech740

We have closets across the back of ours. Most times the hangers bounce off the hanger rod and are piled at the bottom of the closet.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:24 AM   #7
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech740 View Post
We have closets across the back of ours. Most times the hangers bounce off the hanger rod and are piled at the bottom of the closet.
Same here. DW solved that by turning the hangers around from what you normally would do. Problem solved in our case.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #8
jkohler70

This reminds me of a funny story about my late father. He was an aerospace engineer and nothing was declared broken until it had been disassembled and reassembled at least once.
He flipped on the light in his bedroom and only two of the 4 lights came on. He changed the bulbs and it didn't help. He pulled the fan down and disassembled it to check the wiring - twice. It still wasn't working. He was standing beneath it cursing and declaring that he'd have to go buy a new one.
My mother walked in and pulled the chain. Those two lights came on and the other two went off. Pulled the chain again and all of the lights went off. Third pull and they all came on.
We didn't discuss the ceiling fan incident while he was alive.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #9
tech740

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
Same here. DW solved that by turning the hangers around from what you normally would do. Problem solved in our case.

I will have to try that. I never even thought that the hanger put on from the back of the rod would make a difference. Thanks

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #10
tdcolby

We use Camco plate & bowl holders in our cabinets for the Corelle dishes. We first lined the cabinets, then place pieces of the liner (cut to fit) in between the plates & bowls. This keeps them in place. For the cups/mugs we use cardboard carry out holders we got for free from Dunkin Donuts. They work like a charm! Nothing broken yet!
Old 07-29-2019, 08:23 AM   #11
newemptynester

I have a rear kitchen and really do not have a problem with things moving or broken but I use the cabinet liner that is kinda sticky (dollar store). I have a few glass cups and they have never broken. The fridge sometimes things move a little but I have not had too much of a problem. Now if the trip is extremely bumpy we might have a fridge issue but not too much.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #12
rhagfo

Strongly suggest you install shocks on the TT, also make sure the TV has good shocks.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:22 AM   #13
DeniseJ

I thoroughly enjoyed your story, I'm married to an engineer and I feel your mothers pain!!! I go thru the same thing!
DeniseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:52 AM   #14
BadmanRick

We use rubber shelf liners between the cups and plates. Have not had any problems.
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #15
LeeB43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWRiley View Post
This our 1st rear kitchen, and noticed the stuff in the fridge got bounced around pretty bad. We are going to have to do re-arranging too.

24RKPR
I use bungee balls. I have three different lengths : 6 inch, 9 inch, 16 inch. I use this in various combinations depending upon the layout of the cabinet handles.

2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS
2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crewcab 4x4 Short Bed
2019 Keystone Bullet UltraLite 220RBIwe (traded)
2018 GMC Canyon Denali CrewCab 4x4 Short Bed (traded)
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 220RBSL (traded)
LeeB43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #16
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08quadram View Post
Looks like we have to rearrange some of our storage locations for plates, bowls, cups. With our Bullet 269RLS we were thinking we wanted to store those items over the recliners. Well, if you have a smooth road, probably ok. We ended up with 2 broke plates and my favorite coffee mug broke. Corelle make a mess. Luckily we were heading to the mother-in-law's place so we had a vacuum to use. Should have known better that far behind the axles.
Upgrade the suspension. Not all the way to IS perhaps but one or two levels higher. We have an 8 ton 5er and we have the LRE 4100. 4" of travel and wet bolts as a bonus.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #17
bfisher003

A couple of things. Before we bought our Montana fiver we had a Bullet 269RLS. We kept the dishes and glasses in the cabinet above the stove and never had any breakage. When we suffered a broken right rear mono-spring out in Texas we had a mobile RV tech replace all four springs with slightly heavier multi-leaf springs. This made a big difference —the trailer rode much smoother and stuff did not get tossed around like they had with the original cheesy mono-springs.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #18
KJJ

We lined all our cabinet shelves with nonskid liners. Also have overhead cabinets over the sink/stove and dinette that we secure with dishtowels that have a 12" loop that we thread through the handles and secure by putting the towel through the extended loop.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #19
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohler70 View Post
This reminds me of a funny story about my late father. He was an aerospace engineer and nothing was declared broken until it had been disassembled and reassembled at least once.
He flipped on the light in his bedroom and only two of the 4 lights came on. He changed the bulbs and it didn't help. He pulled the fan down and disassembled it to check the wiring - twice. It still wasn't working. He was standing beneath it cursing and declaring that he'd have to go buy a new one.
My mother walked in and pulled the chain. Those two lights came on and the other two went off. Pulled the chain again and all of the lights went off. Third pull and they all came on.
We didn't discuss the ceiling fan incident while he was alive.
Hilarious! Reminds me of the time we purchased a new ceiling fan/light that had a small perimeter light plus the main lights. Before installing, I decided I wanted to control these two lights independently, so I dismantled the new (and yet to be installed) fan, drilled a small hole in the side, installed another switch, and rewired the lights. As I was subsequently installing the fan, my wife opened up the installation instructions (which I had ignored) and read..."to activate only the small perimeter light, pull the chain to the third position..."

...sigh, we don't talk about this installation at our house either! Of course, she reminds me by glaring at me every time we want to energize the perimeter light and have to stop the fan blades first so we can reach up through the blades to pull my "new improved" added switch on the body of the fan...
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #20
Krazoguy

I have a 269rls. I had Corelle at first, and arrived with broken dishes on the floor. I went to melamine dishes, and unbreakable glasses. However, I read somewhere (Trailer Life maybe) to put inflated beach balls in the cabinets to fill the void on top of the contents. I did and I also put glasses into a plastic tub in the cabinet.
Arrived and opened to find nothing had even moved let alone broke. Three or four is all you need. Hope it solves your issue.
Krazoguy is offline   Reply With Quote