Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2018, 06:28 AM   #21
ChuckS

Reread thru this series of posts again and since you stated you reversed polarity when reconnecting batteries how long did you sit AFTER this before trying to operate slides?

With the converter not charging those batteries and since the motor turns to take up slack in cables but won’t move slide I’m wondering if your batteries just don’t have the amperage available to move that slide because they are discharged due to non operating converter...

Let us know what you find... for me if the converter chicken bad I’d try connecting battery charger and charge this batteries a few hours and try slid again..

You don’t need a functional converter to operate the slide, just fully charged batteries and then you can troubleshoot the converter..this whole process to test converter is less than a 5 minute process with a meter.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:31 AM   #22
El_Sifon

Switch Up Front

My 2017 Keystone Laredo has a switch in the front compartment on the driver's side that has to be in the On Position for the slides to work. You can't miss the switch, it a big red metal thumb switch.
El_Sifon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:43 AM   #23
coachjeff

i owned a Passport model that had the cable system on the slide, when I had the same issue i determined that over time the slide-out slid toward the back of the trailer and was bound up on the framing. I took a pry-bar and gently eased the slide back toward the front of the trailer and all worked fine after that.
coachjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #24
Bixby101

Do you have an awning on the slide? It could be jammed and holding it in.... see if it buckles when you try to open it. When I installed mine I forgot to pull the retainer pin and it was strong enough to hold the slide from opening.
Bixby101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:54 PM   #25
Hoodlatch

Sounds like a different system if your 15 has cables, but...
My 14 bullet has the small dual motor setup on the slide. Last year the slide wouldn’t open on my first camping trip of the season. It was trying, front would go out 2 inches, bind, then hum and stop. No fault codes on the controller or anything.
My bullet needed a new motor and some gears, about $1000 dollar repair on a lightly used 3 year old camper.
Hoodlatch is offline   Reply With Quote