Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2018, 12:05 PM   #21
Pmedic4

I was going to say, you couldn't have been able to pull out the 'old standard' steps, when I realized, it's not about getting the stairs out, it's just the interior storage stairs are in the way! DUH....

Saying that, with our current fifthwheel, the only place we can go with slides in, is to the bathroom - they go right to the kitchen island, and the main door to the bedroom is blocked by that slide.

I do like the undercover storage area though!

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:03 AM   #22
EagleandFox

We have the MorRyde Step Above 3-step version and love the stability. Our dog likes them better too - no more holes in the steps for his paws/claws to get stuck in as he's coming in and out. (Our steps had holes, and the metal around the holes poked UP, so even in our bare feet, the steps hurt our feet. Always seemed like strange design to me. Carpet on them helped, but not much. ) I was worried about dirt and mud getting in, but I sweep before we close up and sweep/clean again when we set up because we are always trampling in dirt no matter what, so that hasn't been an issue. I never thought of, but can see the point of, when traveling, it would be hard to get in if you're in a tight spot - they do come out a bit more than our fold out steps.
EagleandFox is offline   Reply With Quote