Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2016, 05:38 PM   #1
Campy

Toy hauler and motorcycle info needed

I just purchased a smaller toy hauler and i'm looking for info on what to use to anchor a Goldwing down in this unit. I'm getting a removable front wheel chock but what do I need to tie down the bike, there is nothing on the floor its a clean slate and the previous owner hauled a UTV and removed what ever they used. I was looking at recessed D-rings but hate to cut a huge hole through the floor.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #2
Desert185

Here are some pics you can find of a 326 SRX similar to mine. I just use the stock, garage tie downs.

http://www.keystonerv.com/mobile/brand/Cougar
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #3
roadglide

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Cargo-T.../dp/B0043000G2 I would use a door hole saw and install the D rings with bolts backed up with feeder washers. My last small toy hauler the factory used lag screws holding the d rings terrible way to secure any thing.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:35 AM   #4
Pull Toy

Spend the extra money for a Condor Pit Stop wheel chock. It's worth it. Used to haul "Wings" and never had a problem.

http://www.condor-lift.com/

Expensive, but worth it, also lots of uses on grass, gravel, or soft blacktop, and folds flat for storage. Harbor Freight sells a cheaper knock-off from China, but no where as good.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
spicercars

I haul a wing in my toy hauler and a condor wheel chock is the only way to go. Spent the extra money it is well worth it.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:15 AM   #6
Campy

Thanks for all the good info but after researching lots of different ways to secure the Wing I ordered the "Lock-N-load" system. There are lots of ways but the two most used are the Condor as mentioned and the Lock-N-load tie down chocks.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:25 AM   #7
spicercars

Seems like a lot of extra stuff to buy to me. I didn't want to have to screw something down to the garage floor and then have to trip over it when the bike isn't in there or have to remove it every time. That's why I went with the condor. Set the chock in the front of the garage with the bike in it and four straps and its ready to go. Bike has never moved even on the bumpiest roads. Then when you take the bike out you can move the chock to the side so its not in the way. Or take it out when I haul the side by side.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:58 AM   #8
Desert185

My Condor is removable from it's baseplate. No tripping and very secure. I guess HF makes a clone, but I've had their other designs break and didn't want to chance the clone. The Condor is very secure and can be moved to other trailers.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:03 PM   #9
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

I use the Condor.....nice and easy to get the bikes in and out. I did modify mine bit. I put two "S" hooks on the Condor to help pull the bike down in tight to the Condor. I then run two straps to the TH tie downs in front and two out back. I have been up and down the ALCAN a bunch of times and that road can be &*%^&$@*%$#^ at times with frost heaves. Having to get on the brakes hard and having the truck get a little light in the tires when you miss a sign can get interesting fast. Last thing I want is for the bike to come loose.

Also note I do have a wood block built to go under the frame of the bike so I do not compress the suspension very far.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:26 AM   #10
hawkeyestoob

Hey Campy,
I am on my first season with a toy hauler and had many of the same questions / concerns that you do. I have been using my Harbor Freight chock that I already had prior to my toy hauler purchase. I have had zero problems with getting my Goldwing into and out of the trailer using it. I have been using 2 straps on each side of the bike plus one through the front wheel and can confirm that the bike is rock solid when doing this. I will probably end up getting myself a Condor chock at some point since it can easily be folded down and slid under one of the rear seats in the garage when the bike is out.