Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
masterpuppet

wet carpets

good afternoon everyone. I need you help we have a 31 ft sprinter with two slides. We have it parked at a campground and when I went to open it up today to get it ready The carpet was wet from the front storage all the way under the slide out. but only on that side of the camper. Why would this be happening? Help!!!!!
masterpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
GaryWT

Was this your first time since the winter or just opening for the weekend? Were the slides in? Was anything in the storage area wet or just the rug?
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
wbatto

This happened to a buddy of mine

To make a long story short, He was closeing up his camper a couple of years ago and checked his slide outs for debris before closing them. He then winterized the plumbing before closing his slideouts. In the meantime one of his kids tossed a bean bag out of their corn hole game on top the slide out. The bean bag kept the silde out from sealing. When he opened his camper the carpet was soaked. I would check and see if something like this (a stick or something else) was on top of your slide out. Oh well that my two cents.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

Not to be funny but, it is happening due to a leak. Where? look up, water runs down. Roof, walls, sides, hatchs, it may take awhile to find where. Check walls under windows etc.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
masterpuppet

Slides were in and swept off before winterizing. The front storage was also wet. I looked everywhere for water marks but could not find any marks under the window, the walls any where. It was only the one side of the camper where the slides are. Just really odd
masterpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

Water puddles, Where carpet is wet up to or near a slide or wall, that might be where it's coming down and into the trailer. It could be running inside a wall until it gets to the floor. I would pull up carpet edges near those areas and look. Get on the roof and see if there are any places that puddle water, cracks around vents, marker lights, splits in the sealant. Check out the slide seals.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
GaryWT

Also check around the storage area door to be sure that is not the issue.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote