Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
stevehill

Water Pump Access Panel location Keystone 30RLS

We have a Keystone cougar 30 RLS. While camping this weekend we were hooked to city water, however noticed on our control panel that the fresh water tank was full. Sure enough the fresh water tank was completely full! We were not using the pump and have no idea how the tank filled with water. (This was our first camping trip after un-winterizing the camper). We then tried to locate the fresh water pump and couldn't find it so we turned on the pump and followed the noise. However, we CAN NOT find any access panel. We need to get into the pump to try and find out what's going on. We looked in every panel we could find but can't find the one for the water pump. The camper has a half slide in the bedroom and the pump sounds like it's located to the left of the bed and just past the slide. Any ideas? We can't find any screws or anything. Thinking Keystone carpeted over the panel.
stevehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
Linwoodrver

Hi Stevehill
In our cougar 31sqb, the water pump is located in the master bedroom on drivers side between the bed and the wall. There is a carpeted "step" that the top flap will pull open towards you. Need to lift the mattress board first.

2012 Cougar 31SQB
2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax + Allison tranny
Linwoodrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
stevehill

water pump

We were able to locate the pump by listening, and yes it's located under the side step next to the bed, however there is no access panel. We think they forgot to cut the panel. The problem we are having is the fresh water tank keeps filling up with water when we are hooked up to city water and not using the water pump. What would cause this?
stevehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There is access. There are either 6 or 8 #2 square drive screws buried in that top carpet layer. If you can't push the carpet fibers around to locate them, try a magnet. They are there. It's not an access hole, the entire top part lifts off. The screws are around the outer edge about 3/4" in from the vertical walls.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
MarkS

I think your trailer has a pass through storage compartment. Under the bed? There may be a removable panel in there. You may have to remove screws to open it. I doubt there is no access to the pump.

There is usually a check valve built into the pump. If it leaks, city water can leak through the pump to the fresh water tank. You can get parts to repair the check valve.

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
Bobatlake

I had the same problem with my Keystone outback terrain, the fresh water holding tank was filling up, I called the dealer, and they told me there was a check valve that is apparently holding open allowing the water to come back into the holding tank
I drained it and blew air though it and it corrected itself. seems to be OK now...
I am also having a heck of a time trying to locate the bypass on mine, I blew the lines but did not put anti freeze in, other than the traps...
Bobatlake is offline   Reply With Quote