Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
fjr vfr

Aero Cosmetics Wash/Wax All

Has anyone used this stuff? My campground neighbor swears by it. He says it's what they use on commercial Airlines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2822.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	24579   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2823.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	24580  
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I have not but have a bottle I intend to use while camping here. Read lots of good reviews on it so we'll see.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
ADQ K9

Where is it sold?
I use Rejex for a sealant they say "nothing sticks but the shine" if it works on a plane at FL350 minus 6OF or on the hull of a boat in salt water it is good enough for my vehicles. I do like the spray and wipe waterless application though. The Rejex application is more labor intensive but the results are worth it IMO
http://rejex.com/rejex-high-gloss-finish-that-protects/
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
Where is it sold?
I use Rejex for a sealant they say "nothing sticks but the shine" if it works on a plane at FL350 minus 6OF or on the hull of a boat in salt water it is good enough for my vehicles. I do like the spray and wipe waterless application though. The Rejex application is more labor intensive but the results are worth it IMO
http://rejex.com/rejex-high-gloss-finish-that-protects/

Here's a link to some of the items sold on Amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aero+cosm...b_sb_ss_i_3_14
Old 12-12-2019, 04:51 AM   #5
fixn2gocamp

Have used this product for several years on our motorhome, travel trailer, and vehicles. Can not say enough good about it.
2020 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4
Reese M-5 20000 Lb 5th wheel hitch
Also in inventory: 2020 Big Horn 3925 MLP 5th wheel
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:24 AM   #6
DDG

Aero wash and wax

I know this is a old post from Dec of 19. Was just wanting to know if the kit was worth the money and does it really work. And if any of you are using it are you happy with it. Thanks DDG
DDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread I bought some. I've now used it. I used it on the new trailer before I left on this trip. It had been waxed by the dealer prior to my taking possession so didn't want my initial use tainted by some reaction with what the dealer applied.

Overall impression is that I like it. It's easy to apply and easy to remove. I applied it after I had washed the trailer with a long brush then rinsed and let almost dry. It is a wet/dry wax so the main thing I wanted to avoid was dirt on the outside. I still had a few drops of water here and there and it worked just fine. Towel dried it and it's slippery.

This product says it provides UV protection but nothing says how much/long. Guess I'll find out soon enough. Been about 8 weeks since I applied it, 7 of those in FL where the outside accumulates all kinds of "film". I'll try to wash it when the weather cooperates and see what I've got. Until then I think it's a good product so far.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:55 AM   #8
DDG

Thanks Sourdough For letting me know. I think I will buy the kit on line in the spring and try it out. Thanks DDG
DDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:14 PM   #9
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread I bought some. I've now used it. I used it on the new trailer before I left on this trip. It had been waxed by the dealer prior to my taking possession so didn't want my initial use tainted by some reaction with what the dealer applied.

Overall impression is that I like it. It's easy to apply and easy to remove. I applied it after I had washed the trailer with a long brush then rinsed and let almost dry. It is a wet/dry wax so the main thing I wanted to avoid was dirt on the outside. I still had a few drops of water here and there and it worked just fine. Towel dried it and it's slippery.

This product says it provides UV protection but nothing says how much/long. Guess I'll find out soon enough. Been about 8 weeks since I applied it, 7 of those in FL where the outside accumulates all kinds of "film". I'll try to wash it when the weather cooperates and see what I've got. Until then I think it's a good product so far.
Oh that's just great... Another good product to add to the shelf in the garage labeled "RV Stuff." Just when I thought I had all that I needed! (So now I'm curious too about longevity).

I use a product now that protects for 6 mos+ and is also very good against the nasty love bug and it's tendency to pit paint.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:50 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Bill, in my RV barn I have 4 of those plastic shelving units about 6' high with stuff....I don't even know what all is there. Cleaning, waxing, 303....I couldn't start to tell you. Told DW before we left I need to add a couple more for other things I don't know I have and never use.....
Old 01-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

I was reading "something on some forum" about a new "got to have" product... I thought, Hmmmmm..... Went to Amazon and ordered some... It came 3 or 4 days later, I took it out to the garage to put it on the "trailer shelf" and:

WHOOP, there it was !!!! I already had one can, unopened I might add, sitting there...

So, now I have two.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:30 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Yup, got good practice owning a boat for years before camping. I would either forget that I had it or didn't know where it was. I cleaned out the garage years ago and collected 4 soldering tools. 3 "pencil tip" and one old weller grip style. I recall years ago, after moving in this house before getting the garage organized that I couldn't find the soldering iron so I just bought another one (no harm in having a spare right?). Problem was I guess I did that again, then again.

Bill-2020 - as for "Just when I thought I had all that I needed! " I think that day will come a few weeks after my death when the DW and kids are cleaning out my junk!
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote