Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #1
Zoopster

Traveler SK-1000 dish antenna

Getting ready to have the Traveler satellite antenna installed on the roof of our 2020 Raptor 351 TH. My question is does anyone know if Keystone provided any additional reinforcement to the roof in anticipation of future roof mount satellite dish? Please advise. Andy
Zoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:47 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I seriously doubt it. I would contact the dealer and have them install the roof plate to “spread the load”.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:29 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

You might also consider that when camping and you are in a shaded spot, the fixed mount antenna will not get a signal if tree branches/leaves block the clear view of the southern sky. I considered mounting our cheap little Pathfinder on a pole probably attached to the ladder on the rear of our camper but in about half our camping spots have to move the antenna to tripod and away from out 5ver because of trees.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:47 AM   #4
NevadaRich

I have a Voltage 3895 TH which I placed a Direct TV Traveler on the Roof, Yes it is heavy but our roofs can take the weight, I am 225lbs and walk on the roof all the time checking it, just make sure when you place the plate up there that it isn't to close to any of the Air Conditions because it has to have room to go around....I mounted it myself and placed it over where the main TV is.....just for info due to trees, If I did it again, I would have placed it near the rear or near the front, but on my RV I couldn't place it up front due to the Air Conditioner
NevadaRich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, dish, dish network, satelite