Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
allantodd

2020 Raptor 423 gray water holding tank

Can anyone tell me if when full, the grey water holding tank from Kitchen will "spill over" to the main grey holding tank. Or does it just fill up and thats it.

I was told it would spill over but I don't know for sure.

Any help appreciated.

Thank You
allantodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
travelin texans

Yes it will spill over.......the edge of the shower floor or if connections are good & tight into one of the sinks, but not into the other tank.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

If you have two gray dump valves, then each tank is separate and they will not "average" or "spill over when full"...

That said, if you want, you can install a terminal valve at the sewer outlet, open both gray valves and the two tanks will "average the contents" until both are full. The terminal valve allows you to prevent spillage when dumping the tanks because the gray water will flow "to the sewer dump" as well as into the other tank. If you elect to do this, do so with the understanding that if the drain line from the galley tank is under the trailer, exposed to the elements, it will freeze in cold weather as there is no protection from the "heated underbelly area"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:54 AM   #4
allantodd

Thank you both for your replies. I was told by dealer during walkthrough the rear gray would spill to front gray - but I questioned that.

Thank You again guys
allantodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #5
bobbecky

It would be wise to not trust anything said by an RV salesman, as many have never owned or camped in an RV, and they likely haven't a clue how these rigs work. I went with my father-in-law a couple years ago to the PDI prior to him accepting his trailer. I almost think the girl that showed us the trailer worked in the office and was not very knowledgeable about most of the systems in the trailer. When looking for the smoke, CO, and LP detectors, she was not able to find the CO detector, and said it was part of the LP detector. It was clearly marked on that detector that it was only an LP detector, and after getting the trailer to the father-in-law's property, I was able to determine that the combination detector was not installed from the factory. The dealer agreed to provide the correct detector to me in exchange for the wrong one, which they were going to deal with the factory about. I never found out if a recall was issued about this problem, as I'm sure that quite a few of this brand trailer was built with the wrong detectors.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raptor, tank, water