Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #21
falcondan95705

We have always had a 5th wheel. If I were to do it again, I'd look for a very nice kz, or some other brand. Not only less to buy, but may be alot less issues..unfortunately many here are not happy with th er lack of quality and problems with the newer thor products.. advice, dually, 5th wheel since you said full time. Some travel trailers like park models have lots of room .. good luck with your hunt..
falcondan95705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #22
larryflew

Firstly our dogs are only 4 and 7 pounds but still need room. We started with a brand new TT 28 footer with one large slide. First year was OK (just one old Cocker Spaniel) for the 4 months we did from MN to AZ and the across to MS. Next year had a LOT of rainy days and both my wife and I agreed the trailer shrunk WAY too much. Traded for 37.5 Alpine and 1 ton GMC diesel. Been 7 years since then and was absolutely the best decision we have made. Yes its lots more $$ but we decided we deserve to be comfy and happy being warm for the winter so the kids will just have to deal with what we have when we go rather than cash. They will be fine. To each his own when it comes to TT vs 5th but I do need to say backing etc is easier with 37 5th than it was with 28 TT IMO. Storage is HUGE in 5th wheel. Keep us posted.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:35 PM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondan95705 View Post
We have always had a 5th wheel. If I were to do it again, I'd look for a very nice kz, or some other brand. Not only less to buy, but may be alot less issues..unfortunately many here are not happy with th er lack of quality and problems with the newer thor products.. advice, dually, 5th wheel since you said full time. Some travel trailers like park models have lots of room .. good luck with your hunt..
Just FYI, KZ is also a Thor subsidiary!
If you're not happy with Thor products it'll be difficult finding a brand that's not.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:31 AM   #24
BobMcC

Tow Vehicle

My only word of caution is do make absolutely sure you get the THE CORRECT tow vehicle (TV) for your trailer weight - don't listen to salesmen. Do you home work. We have a 5er and ended up having to trade tow vehicles within a year because the trailer was heavier than the original TV should safely pull.
BobMcC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel trailer