Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
howshow

outdoor TV

Hi all, how do you guys hook up the TV to the outside wall tv hook, basically want to hang the TV on the side of the RV so we can watch it outside under the awning. thanks

2015 Keystone Springdale, 282BHSSRWE
howshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
dieselsmoke

My tv from the entertainment system lifts up several inches releasing it from the wall. Then I walk it outside and it drops right onto a mount factory installed on the outside. Then the wires plug into receptacles placed in the same area for power and antenna. Simple Simple. Safe travels

2012 ram 2500 cummins mega-cab
2014 hideout 298bhds 5th wheel
dieselsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
MBD

Only my garage and bedroom televisions (13") will work in the outside bracket. I prefer to watch a bigger screen. After careful measuring, I purchased yet another TV (36") for the RV. I put it in the basement and plug it into the AC and cable outlets next to the "outdoor" bracket. If I go back to full timing or actually get to retire soon - I intend to wire AC and cable in the basement. Only drawback to outside TV is sometimes the sound is not loud enough.
MBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 AM   #4
Firemenfred

greetings, if youhave not accomplished your goal here is what idid on my last Keystone. if you go to Jensen audio they have an aray of mounts. i bought one with a 9" swing arm, it came with 1 wall mount. i purchased a second mount and secured one in the bedroom and one on the exterior wall . they are anodixed aluminum, so it will hold up. then i just move that tv from bedroom to outside. i also used a sansui 19" LED (wieghs nothing)