Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
Bar-OneRanch

Slideout floor bouncy on a Laredo 335TG

We just picked up a used Laredo 335TG, it has the dining table instead of the booth. I seem to get a lot of bounce between the table and the couch on the living room slide floor. It doesn't feel like the floor is soft from water damage it seems like they used a thinner plywood and it has some give to it. Wondering if anyone with this model or a similar model with a large living room slide has noticed this.
Thanks
Chris
Bar-OneRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

You might read some of the posts on the previous entry in this same forum about using the slides without opening them. It sounds like some of the comments there might apply to your situation.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
Bluewater

Yes, our 310RE does something similar. They don't seem soft just not as rock solid as the main floor which is something you'd expect with a moveable floor.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

If you walk or stand on the slide out floor when it is retracted, then you may feel some give to it. The give that you feel is caused by the slide floor not sitting flush and in complete contact with the main floor. When the slide comes in, its floor does ride up a bit and is unsupported over much of its area by the main floor. That is one reason why it is not recommended that you sit in or stand on the slide when it is retracted.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
Bar-OneRanch

This is when the slide is out all the way, if you walk between the couch and table the floor flexes enough to make the table move. I also notice that the table bounces when bringing the slide in. On this one you can't really walk on the slide floor when it is in because the table comes all the way to the counter with no room to squeeze past. It almost seems like I need to put another piece of plywood over the factory one.
Thanks
Chris
Old 09-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
theeyres

Is it really bothering anything? If it isn't I would leave it alone. These things are trailers and the Laredo is not a high end trailer built like a tank so they skimp in places to keep cost and weight down. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #7
Bar-OneRanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeyres View Post
Is it really bothering anything? If it isn't I would leave it alone. These things are trailers and the Laredo is not a high end trailer built like a tank so they skimp in places to keep cost and weight down. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.
If its common I would have to learn to live with it, if not I just got the trailer and would ask the dealer to see if something is wrong in the slide. We take it out for the first time this weekend, and will see how the floor feels when we sit at the table. Our last 5th wheel was a Cedar Creek Silverback which is the cheaper version of that brand and the slide floor didn't flex at all. I'm seeing the floor flex at least 3/4 of an inch and the table move enough to make me think a glass would tip if it was on the table, so I'm asking the forum if this is normal.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

If the floor is flexing that much (3/4 in) when you are sitting at the table and the table is moving, it is not normal and I wouldn't "learn to live with it". There's something amiss somewhere.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
Bar-OneRanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
If the floor is flexing that much (3/4 in) when you are sitting at the table and the table is moving, it is not normal and I wouldn't "learn to live with it". There's something amiss somewhere.
Thanks, Chris
Old 09-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Bar-OneRanch,

I don't believe you indicated "how used" your Laredo is. If it's a year or two old, it may be a weakened floor or some issue that could (should) be addressed by the dealer and hopefully repaired for you as a part of the purchase. But, if the Laredo is 10 years old and has been used quite a bit, it may be a dry rot issue or a water intrusion issue. So, without knowing how old it is and what kind of use it had, I think it would be difficult to really tell you "what the problem is"... However, if it's moving 3/4" as you indicated, then I'd definitely have it looked at or if you feel competent, start digging into the underside of the slide to try to identify a problem. Something is "amiss" if it's moving that much while sitting at the table to eat.

Good Luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #11
Bar-OneRanch

Sorry I forgot to mention the year, it is a 2012 that we just purchased used. We didn't purchase the extended warranty but the dealer said if we found something in the next 30 days they would take care of it. It might just be an over reaction on my part seeing the floor move so much and maybe after trying it this weekend it won't seem so bad. It was a pretty good size investment for us so I just wanted to cover my bases.