Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
barchak

What come with the trailer?

I am new to rv'ing and I am accepting delivery of my 2013 Laredo 303TG this Saturday. We are so excited!

I have some concerns about the pick-up and demo walkaround. My Aunt had a bad experience several years ago when buying a motorcoach. The dealer had canibalized the rv and they had a lot of problems. I am wondering how I will know confirm I am getting everything I should be getting with the trailer.

For example, my salesman told me there is litigation currently underway between the Keystone and the outdoor grill manufacturer regarding the LP quick connect hose for the grill. He said Keystone is suing the manufacturer because they are not supplying the quick connect hose. My salesman told me I will need to buy the hose myself.

Being new to the RV world, how will I know if get everything I am supposed to get?

I talked to my salesman about my concern and he told me they will go through everything during the demo walkaround and they will have a sheet listing all the items. I trust the dealer, but how do they know what is supposed to be included in the unit.

I am going to call Keystone tomorrow. Thought I would ask all of you about my concern and other tips for pick-up and inspection. Is there a checklist I should use before I accept the unit?

Thanks,

Ed Barchak
barchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Ed, Welcome to the forum and to Keystone RVing.

We just purchased a Cougar fifth wheel in July and it came with the propane hose along with the grill, mount adapter and the swing arm already mounted to the rear of the RV.

Some members were asking the same question about a year ago, complaining that the hose was missing. Since then, I haven't heard of anyone saying they didn't get the hose with the grill, but others may post their experiences as well.

If you go to the Keystone Questions section of the forum, the first post is a "sticky" titled Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist. Look it over and possibly print it out to take with you to the dealer's lot for your orientation. It will help you make sure everything is covered during your inspection.

Most RV dealers will include a "starter kit" with the delivery. It will include a fresh water hose, sewer hose (check for the end fittings), black tank chemical starter pack and probably other things as well.

If you do a search for "travel checklist" you should get several hits to will lead you to lists of things many members feel are necessary to include in their RV.

Again, welcome to the forum, enjoy your time with us and if you have any quesitons and can't find the answers, ask away, someone will give you the help you're looking for.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
barchak

Thanks JRTJH! This checklist is exactly what I was looking for. I am going to let my salesman know what to expect on Saturday.

Ed Barchak
barchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
theeyres

If you trust the dealer I really wouldn't worry about them canibalizing the trailer. Everything is attached except for a couple little things like a BBQ hose. Make sure there is a battery, propane tanks, radio, TV (if included), spare tire and I am sure you will be fine.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
Ken / Claudia

If the salesman has sold a RV before, than He should be thinking about 4 plus hours to cover everything at the RV and afew more with the paperwork. Any propane dealer can sell you a hose with fittings and than you choose what length you want. The ones with the trailers are to short and only allow the grill to be used in one position but, the mounting backet rotates to different places.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
hankaye

barchak, Howdy;

Before you hand the check over and sign the paperwork you might
ask the salesman to 'sweeten the deal' by throwing in a hose so
you aren't out-of-pocket for it. It shouldn't be any kind of big deal
for them to do so. You might also ask for a tire cover for the spare
if it doesn't already have one as well.

hank

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
outwest

dealer we bought our Vantage from apparently took the foot off the tongue jack. And, the cap on the water gravity fill inlet was missing (presumably removed by dealer but may have been simply overlooked by factory). Had to fight to get a jack foot from dealer. Bought the cap on Amazon.

'Course, dealer was pretty bad one. Had to wait for them to take their lunch before we could do the paperwork and didn't get any sort of orientation when picked up trailer, just a "here's the keys". Only reason we bought it from him was he was closest dealer that had one of the longer Vantage trailers still in stock, and even then it was a 4 hr drive each way.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #8
Mark TC

I just bought a Outback it can with the hose

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Mark TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #9
robo

I would tell the dealer hay its a xxxxxxx dollar trailer if it does not come with a $20 hose i might not want to buy it. It may speak to the overall quality of the coach and selling dealer
Be a sob you are the buyer demand it it is your hard earned dollar
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #10
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Be a sob you are the buyer demand it it is your hard earned dollar
Yep, that's certainly a proven way to build a relationship with a dealer. Just don't forget, the dealer you are a SOB with might be the one you need to go to bat for you with Keystone.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
Kristi

Our passport came with a hose for the grill. Some dealers give you a starter kit, or like ours a gift certificate to their parts store to get what we wanted & we get 10% off anything we buy in the future. Just depends on the dealer.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote