Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2022, 05:52 PM   #1
turbo

Exclamation Canadian Mattress Supplier

Hello fellow Canadians! We have a 2019 Cougar 315RLS - love everything about it except the mattress. Its 70x80 and after hours of searching, haven't been able to find someone in Canada (ideally Ontario) that sells one. I see many have cut the box and used a regular size Queen, which we may have to as a last resort but I'd rather find a same sized good replacement. Had a topper since new but just not as comfortable as we'd like. Some good US ones like Brooklyn Bedding and Wilderness RV carry the right size but over $250 to ship it. Great opportunity for someone to sell these weird size mattresses in Canada! Please let me know where you sourced your replacement from - thanks!
Phil
turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:52 AM   #2
GMH

We bought our trailer size queen at Mattress Source in Winnipeg. I don’t recall the size exactly, but it is smaller than a residential queen….and Wow, what an improvement!
Old 08-13-2022, 09:54 AM   #3
turbo

Thanks GMH - anyone find a place in Ontario?
thx
Old 08-13-2022, 10:19 AM   #4
slow

If you are close to the border, consider having the US dealer ship to a parcel service on the south side of the border and make a day trip to pick it up. I found that to be the lowest cost way to buy expensive items in the USA.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:55 PM   #5
Gord

You could try ENDY Canada. That's where we bought our trailer mattress. If they don't have a showroom near you, you can order online and they ship to you. They come compressed and rolled up in a box. Take the wrapping off roll it out and it expands to whatever depth you specified. Very comfortable to sleep on.

EDIT: there are stores in Ontario that you can try the mattress out. Apparently you do have to order online and shipping is free. The mattress its self is not inexpensive.
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:21 PM   #6
Outbackman57

I got what’s called a Queen Short- had never heard of that size- from a company called Zinus thru Amazon. Pretty sure that’s what you’re describing. Inexpensive and free shipping, the mattress is very comfortable, expanded properly to 8” and no bad odor as was a complaint from some. It’s perfect for a bed I will sleep on 50-70 nights a year. How did I not know about these memory foam mattresses sooner! Good luck.

John Santy
‘06 Kargoroo 28KRS
‘20 F-150 XLT
‘00 FLHRCI
‘21 Royal Enfield Himalayan
Outbackman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 05:34 PM   #7
turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
You could try ENDY Canada. That's where we bought our trailer mattress. If they don't have a showroom near you, you can order online and they ship to you. They come compressed and rolled up in a box. Take the wrapping off roll it out and it expands to whatever depth you specified. Very comfortable to sleep on.

EDIT: there are stores in Ontario that you can try the mattress out. Apparently you do have to order online and shipping is free. The mattress its self is not inexpensive.
Thanks for the reply but Endy provides a short queen which is 60x75, so 10 inches less width and 5 inches shorter, so much smaller than the existing one. Amazing that no one offers the replacement size in Canada.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:35 PM   #8
turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackman57 View Post
I got what’s called a Queen Short- had never heard of that size- from a company called Zinus thru Amazon. Pretty sure that’s what you’re describing. Inexpensive and free shipping, the mattress is very comfortable, expanded properly to 8” and no bad odor as was a complaint from some. It’s perfect for a bed I will sleep on 50-70 nights a year. How did I not know about these memory foam mattresses sooner! Good luck.
Thanks for the reply but Zinus provides a short queen which is 60x75, so 10 inches less width and 5 inches shorter, so much smaller than the existing one. Amazing that no one offers the replacement size in Canada.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:07 AM   #9
GMH

Here is a list of “common” RV matress sizes. So yours would be the 70x80 RV King size. Funny the three widely different sizes are all called “RV King”. Makes it a little confusing to order anything online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CFE086FD-D524-4DF5-AE35-75F415DF20F7.png
Views:	82
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	41178  
Old 08-15-2022, 06:20 AM   #10
Carrottop

We had the same issue with our Residence. We simply kept the crappy mattress underneath and ordered a 4 inch mattress topper from Ghostbed. It has made a huge difference and we did not have to discard a brand new (crappy) matress. We ordered the full king and just cut it down to our mattress size.
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:54 AM   #11
Mikendebbie

We bought a queen foam mattress from Sams Club - Costco probably has the same thing in Canada. We added a 3" topper. We had these in our previous Laredo travel trailer and moved it over to the Montana when we bought it. Very comfortable!
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:57 AM   #12
turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop View Post
We had the same issue with our Residence. We simply kept the crappy mattress underneath and ordered a 4 inch mattress topper from Ghostbed. It has made a huge difference and we did not have to discard a brand new (crappy) matress. We ordered the full king and just cut it down to our mattress size.
Thanks so much - given no one has this size in all of Canada, yes I decided to buy and cut! Looked at Ghostbed on Amazon, just under 600 for a king but then I checked the Ghostbed site - 50% sale, yahoo so I ordered one. Thanks again.
PS Any mattress sellers reading this - great sales opp as you would be the only one in this country!
Old 08-15-2022, 01:49 PM   #13
GMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Thanks so much - given no one has this size in all of Canada, yes I decided to buy and cut! Looked at Ghostbed on Amazon, just under 600 for a king but then I checked the Ghostbed site - 50% sale, yahoo so I ordered one. Thanks again.
PS Any mattress sellers reading this - great sales opp as you would be the only one in this country!
I called Mattress Source where we bought our RV Queen and she said they did not stock that size and didn’t know of anyone who did. She suggested calling the RV dealers….which might only get you a NEW crappy mattress.
Old 08-15-2022, 02:01 PM   #14
GMH

After a bit of googling, I found this. The site says they are made in Toronto and they can make them to the size you require.
Edit: I have no idea what styles they offer or what the quality may be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15A6BDB4-8F06-4B1E-A591-75D8B44DFE72.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	41186  
Old 08-18-2022, 07:23 AM   #15
agroom

RV Matress

We bought our RV King mattress, 6 years ago, from Mattress, Mattress, it is made by Kingsdown, and we like it more than the one we have at home.
agroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:26 AM   #16
Canoefire

Just cut down a bigger memory foam mattress

We immediately replaced our king size mattress in our fifth wheel with a standard king size memory foam mattress. Just used a large bread knife to cut the foam down to the size that we needed. Was a pretty simple project and was able to get the mattress at a reasonable cost.
Canoefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:13 AM   #17
bigrockk

Costco Canada sells an RV mattress.

https://www.costco.ca/mattresses.htm...ttr-RV%2BSized

We have the same fifth wheel, same year. Had the dealer replace the King mattress with a queen when we purchased the trailer simply because of the extra room this gives around the bed. Then added a foam topper and all is good.
bigrockk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:28 AM   #18
truenorth

COSTCO Canada has two RV mattresses available. Queen size
truenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:29 AM   #19
truenorth

Smart move !
truenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 03:28 PM   #20
gclovenb

I found one on Amazon that is very comfortable; https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam 10 Inch RV / Camper / Trailer / Truck Mattress, Short Queen, White
gclovenb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress