Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2020, 03:10 PM   #21
MarkEHansen

I'm glad it's all working for you. We looked into the Ground Control 3.0 remote but it was just too expensive - I looked for my notes and can't find them, It was upwards of $300. In normal use, we don't really need it so I gave up on that.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:48 AM   #22
Eric MP

leveling controller cont'd.....

Came in on the late side of all this..........at the tail end to be exact. Any idea how old your controller is/was? We settled on our purchase of our 27RL Sprinter Campfire two years ago yesterday. The dealer had this discontinued floor plan model on their lot for about 6 months, give or take. When we settled the leveling system did not work. I can only guestimate that the dealer's techs did some checks on wiring for maybe 10 minutes then replaced the controller (panel). No cause was given for the control panel's failure.

As we finished last season in late October, our auto level failed. I was kind of in your boat..........manual retract was the next process called for. Pushing the retract button did not do what the controller said it would do. The jacks would not come up. I found the LCI owners manual for the leveling component systems and printed it out. When I saw "manual" retract, the "electronic" aspect (@ controller panel ) left my mind. The owners manual did as you said,..... told me how to retract with a drill or socket wrench. Got it done. Still had the LF error.......jumping ahead, after some time passed, battery charge and vehicle electrical hook up and running, "0" Calibra., jacks 6" down, retract again did not work; have not been able to get rid of the LF error code. Actually, the controller/system refused to do anything yesterday, the last time I tried. Seems a new controller may be the pill that I have to take.

My mind has gone back to two years ago, the replacement at no charge and am now wondering about the realistic life span of the controller, or......is it an electrical problem that the dealer may not have taken time to hunt for.............. We have probably had 13 trips over these two years and about 5000 miles on the TT. So, does anyone know. like "Long Life" fish food, if any of these controllers have any chance at a long life of their own?
Eric MP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar