Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #1
Gregp

I feel stupid

I’m hoping someone with a 2008 raptor RP299 can help me identify the following connections on my trailer. I think I know but want to be sure. What’s the coaxial connection on the passenger (right) side of the trailer? I’m guessing it’s for an outside TV hook up? I figured out the two on the left side under the city water connection are for Satellite (bottom coaxial) and cable (top coaxial). I’m guessing the water connection behind the small compartment door on the right side of the trailer next to the fresh water tank fill is a flush for the fresh water tank. It has a back flow protector attached. Thanks. If anyone has a diagram that explains all connections I’d appreciate a copy. Contacting keystone is a waist of time. It’s like asking Walmart to explain what something is on a product they sell.
Gregp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:06 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregp View Post
I’m hoping someone with a 2008 raptor RP299 can help me identify the following connections on my trailer. I think I know but want to be sure. What’s the coaxial connection on the passenger (right) side of the trailer? I’m guessing it’s for an outside TV hook up? I figured out the two on the left side under the city water connection are for Satellite (bottom coaxial) and cable (top coaxial). I’m guessing the water connection behind the small compartment door on the right side of the trailer next to the fresh water tank fill is a flush for the fresh water tank. It has a back flow protector attached. Thanks. If anyone has a diagram that explains all connections I’d appreciate a copy. Contacting keystone is a waist of time. It’s like asking Walmart to explain what something is on a product they sell.
The port next to the FW fill is most likely for the black tank rinse not fresh water, never seen any RV with a FW rinse apparatus.
As for all the coax connections, from reading a couple different forums, those are any bodies guess as to where, to what or how many splitters may be hidden in walls or ceilings. Best bet is to spend the few bucks on a cable toner from the hardware store & check each one to be sure on your RV.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #3
Gregp

Thank you for the quick reply. I have 3 connections on the left side of the entry door as you are entering the trailer. One is a garden hose gravity fill for the fresh water tank and one is a female hose fitting for flushing the black tank and the third is the one I described above. A hose fill with a back flow preventer with a small on off valve inside a small compartment. That last one is what I’m unsure of. Maybe for flushing the water plumbing system or flushing the freshwater tank???
Old 02-03-2020, 11:41 AM   #4
travelin texans

One should be for connecting to a city water connection through your fresh water hose. There are no connections for flushing/rinsing the water system, only valves underneath to drain the FW tank & hot/cold low point drains.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Could be a winterizing inlet...Haven seen that model so I'm just guessing!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:36 PM   #6
Gregp

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated!
Old 02-03-2020, 03:46 PM   #7
Laredo Tugger

Gregp, Do not feel "stupid". For me (and others I'm sure) just coming on here with legit questions shows you are heads up and wanting to do things right.
Lord knows I have hit the guard rail on a few "learning curves" a time or two.
Enjoy your trailer.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #8
chunker

I don't have that RV but I suggest you get a coax tester. Klein tools makes one example which is the one I have

Click image for larger version

Name:	klein-tools-specialty-meters-vdv512-101-64_1000.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	25043
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:02 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Does the Klein work through splitters? Just wondering because the one I have doesn’t.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #10
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Does the Klein work through splitters? Just wondering because the one I have doesn’t.
Don't know but I used the one shown which has testing caps. You can check the continuity of up to 4 lines. Will show good, bad, shorted. I used in on GF's Crusader to trace the coax. Where there is a splitter if you can get to it my suggestion is remove connections and test each cable. Since it checks continuity, I would assume that it would flow through a splitter. Don't have it with me to check that. But since a splitter has multiple cables attached it may default to a fault if any attached are bad.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote