Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #1
Frisbeekev

Dual Batteries with shut off

I am getting ready to add dual batteries to the new camper. I know how to hook up the batteries. I want to add a battery disconnect switch. Is the hook up for this different with dual batteries as opposed to 1 battery, or does it hook up the same? Anyone done this or have pics? Thanks.
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:56 AM   #2
Kylemcmahon1

Hook both batteries up like you would. Then put the disconnect in between the trailer and batteries.

If you want to be able to separate either battery you will need a different type of switch. I can get you a pic of the switch I used tonight or tomorrow if you need it. But just an all weather switch from Napa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kylemcmahon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #3
SLIMSHADIE

X2 on what Kyle said.

On my dual 6v, I hooked it up in between the camper and batteries. Took the camper lead to the switch, then ran a new lead to the batteries. I went to a couple different auto stores to get the premade leads for the switch and batteries. I wanted certain lengths and colors(red/black). Also purchased, installed an all weather switch like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Marinco-Produ...ery+disconnect