Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Jayb223

Water Heater Access

Hello!

My fiancé and I recently purchased a 2018 Hideout 175LHS and are first time RV owners. I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get to the back of the water heater? I am assuming its under the sink in the bathroom. I was looking at it I last night and I am not super sure and don't want to unscrew anything I don't have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Jayb223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Do you mean Water pump or water heater? Water heater is on an outside wall behind a vented cover, probably 14" x 20". The water pump, could be anywhere, but under the bathroom sink is a good spot.

1. Did the dealer not show you where it is during your PDI?
2. Turn if on and crack a faucet open and then listen to it run. The sound is a dead give away.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
earlzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayb223 View Post
Hello!

My fiancé and I recently purchased a 2018 Hideout 175LHS and are first time RV owners. I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get to the back of the water heater? I am assuming its under the sink in the bathroom. I was looking at it I last night and I am not super sure and don't want to unscrew anything I don't have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Where ever your hot water heater is on the outside is where you will look inside to be behind it. You will need to remove a screwed on panel in most cases. You may also only see one bypass valve on the cold water line. It is actually a three way valve. just turn it so the arm lines up with the bypass line. The hot water side should have a check valve. Nothing to deal with.
If you cant find you pump simply push your pump button and listen for it. Then go to that location.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Hello!

To add to this, you clearly know where the water heater is in your trailer based on its obvious location on the outside. If you go inside and can't find it in the back of a cupboard or under a bed, don't be afraid to pull a couple of screws and remove a wooden panel or two. It's there, you just have to figure out how to reach it. That's where the bypass valve is located.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
Jayb223

The dealer did take me on a walk around, I knew where the water heater was located on the outside, I was looking for the access panel inside to get to the bypass valve. I ended up taking the wooden panel off the lower bunk bed, the water pump and the water heater bypass valve is there also. Thanks for all the input.
Jayb223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:23 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
The dealer did take me on a walk around, I knew where the water heater was located on the outside, I was looking for the access panel inside to get to the bypass valve. I ended up taking the wooden panel off the lower bunk bed, the water pump and the water heater bypass valve is there also. Thanks for all the input.
Great, I'm glad that worked out for you. I wish mine was that easy to get to! Both together is a huge bonus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater