Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2017, 07:05 AM   #1
El_Sifon

LED Light Stays On

My 2017 Laredo had an LED light above the kitchen window that turns on when touched. One evening it wouldn't turn off. I eventually pulled the fused to turn it off. The next morning I turned it on and again, I couldn't turn it off. I again pulled the fuse to turn it off.
Later that day I went outside to watch TV and noticed that the TV cabinet light had been on since the day before. On a hunch I went inside and turned on the kitchen light. Again it wouldn't turn off. I went outside and turn off the TV cabinet light then I went inside tested the kitchen light. It turned off when I touched it. So now I'm thinking this is a clever way to let the occupants know that the outside TV cabinet light is on.
Then last night it happened again but when I checked the outside TV cabinet light it was off. So now I'm thinking that maybe there's something on outside but I can't find anything on.
Now I'm thinking that the kitchen light is defective and not a clever way to check that an outside light is on. And of course there's no mention in any documentation that the kitchen light is anything more than just a kitchen light.
Any thoughts? Has anyone had a similar experience with these touch lights? I will probably change these touch lights with old school LED lights with on/off switches. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations?
El_Sifon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

We had a couple of "touch lamps" years ago. One worked flawlessly, one worked when it wanted to and defied logic as to why it wouldn't turn on or off like its "brother".... We finally sold them in a garage sale and now somebody else is "banging the base" instead of me.

We installed a very expensive "touch faucet" in the kitchen of our dream home when we built it in Louisiana. It was a first cousin to that "darned lamp".... After not having hot water, the faucet turning on when you walk by, turning off in the middle of filling a kettle and refusing to "allow my DW to rinse dishes"... It too was replaced by an old fashioned faucet with manual controls.

I'd suspect that once you replace the "darned light" with a manual light you'll find that all your frustration can be focused on what kind of tires are on your new Laredo.... At $10 for a replacement light fixture, well, you decide

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:10 AM   #3
El_Sifon

Thanks. I sure that you're right about this. I don't think "touch" technology is ready for primetime.
El_Sifon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light