Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
2017 Keystone Hideout

ANy Keystone Hodeout owners out there? Maybe in particular 22KBS (WE)?

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
theeyres

Re: 2017 Keystone Hideout

I hate it when people say do a search but in this case.... there are many threads asking about Hideouts. You'll find a ton of info. We love ours.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:22 PM   #3
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.

Never said I did a search. However I have and I get a ton of red letter words that say HIDEOUT But could not find anyone with a 22KWS (WE) But thanks for your reply. I own one and was trying to touch base with others to compare notes.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
2007 Toyota Tundra
Old 11-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #4
Mandolin

I have a 2017 Keystone Hideout 21FQWB. Good set of features for the price.

This is the layout:
Click image for larger version

Name:	21fqwe.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	11448
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #5
LarrySharon

Nice. I like the Hideout setups as well. Did you have any issues? Mine was pretty minor. The charging station does not work and the shower door is not squared up to close properly. But those things are not that big of deal. Will probably have the dealer fix next spring. I got my trailer all winterize now. We have really enjoyed it.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
2007 Toyota Tundra
Old 11-15-2016, 09:36 AM   #6
Mandolin

The only real issue we had was caught on the PDI - incorrectly installed heater (the exhaust pipe feeding combustion products out was cracked because it was overtightened). A fairly dangerous thing, actually, which should have been caught before it left Keystone, but at least the dealer caught it. The entire unit was replaced by the dealer (I presume under warranty, there was no cost to us).

A few screws tightened here and there, one of the fender skirts notched to not rub on the bracket that holds the steps, one of the taillight assemblies replaced because the tab that notches the red plastic on to the housing was broken.

We removed the bathroom door and cut it down, top and bottom, to get more air circulation (the only ceiling vent is in the bathroom). The spouse had to add "caps," top and bottom, to the hollow door.

The factory didn't do the best job in putting the edge tape on the formica surfaces, so the spouse went through all the horizontal surfaces with an edge trimmer to smooth the edges so they don't catch -that was driving me nuts on the dinette table.

The dealer had added some caulking to areas that Keystone had done a so-so job on and we went through and added some and smoothed some.

Some things that I am not sure are a plus - the awning rolls out with a huge sag in it, leaving a "belly" for water to accumulate. Pushing one of the secondary "arms" on the awning assembly in doesn't really drop one side far enough to drain the "belly." Sure, I don't intend to leave the awning fully extended in a rain/wind storm, but it would be nice on a rainy day to at least get the awning out far enough to shield the door without having to deal with water issues.

Our other (older) trailer had only a tent-like awning that took 2 people with 2 ladders to put up, so it was taken off the trailer a long time ago, so this is our first trailer with an actual awning.

We looked at models with a slide, but one of the things we decided is that adding a slide just adds weight and complexity and moving parts. Sure, the kitchen area is a little tight, but the huge u-shaped dinette at the rear really opens things up, light- and space-wise.

We knew, going in, that cost and weight constraints kept us to a fairly basic model and that the longest stretch we generally spend in the trailer is 2 to MAYBE 3 weeks at a time, with the emphasis on being outside the trailer camping, not living inside like a house.
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #7
LarrySharon

I also notice that the tape they use to cover the space between the wallboard has to be continually pushed down. So I have been thinking of using either some type of glue or clear nail polish to adhere the tape but not sure if it will yellow over time. This is our 1st trailer we had motorhomes previously (very mature motorhomes) Too bad quality control isn't better, but from reading what others put up with I feel very good about our rig. You're right about the slide it is something else to take care of and could go bad.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
2007 Toyota Tundra

Tags
hideout, keystone