Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #21
T3/T4 Hybrid

There is also an option called LoJack. It's been around for a long time and has a good recovery rate. Plus its a one time rate. No monthly or yearly fees.
T3/T4 Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #22
Timon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3/T4 Hybrid View Post
There is also an option called LoJack. It's been around for a long time and has a good recovery rate. Plus its a one time rate. No monthly or yearly fees.
LoJack doesn't even come close to a Spot Trace. If the local police department doesn't have tracking equipment finding the coach is not going to happen. In addition if it's in storage when stolen by the time you find out it's gone forget it. With a Spot Trace you'll be notified within minutes of it being moved. You can track where it's going using google maps. Directing the police to it becomes child's play.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #23
T3/T4 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
LoJack doesn't even come close to a Spot Trace. If the local police department doesn't have tracking equipment finding the coach is not going to happen. In addition if it's in storage when stolen by the time you find out it's gone forget it. With a Spot Trace you'll be notified within minutes of it being moved. You can track where it's going using google maps. Directing the police to it becomes child's play.
I know a few things first hand about SPOT and its short comings. I have used SPOT for all of my motorcycle trips which most are dual sport riding in low populated areas. If you are under a heavy canopy of trees or other obstructive terrain then there is a chance of SPOT not working. No communication with satellites its a paper weight. Plus the yearly charges for the SPOT can add up to a good chunk of change over time. If your resident area PD's have LoJack installed, like mine does, then LoJack is a good option. You only pay a one time fee and its done. Plus LoJack will work in heavily wooded areas plus inside of buildings where SPOT doesn't. Remember nothing is ever 100%!! That's the reason I just pay a few extra $$$ in insurance and make sure my investment is completely covered. It's just property to me and can be replaced. I don't lose sleep at night or over worry about it.
T3/T4 Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote