Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
bsanford

Passport 2810BH Window screens

I'm new to the forum and I have just purchased a new 2015 Passport GT camper. I wanted to see if anyone else was having problems with the screens not being flush with the window frames. I'm seeing as much as a 1/4" gap at the bottom of the frames. Our model has the screw-out windows vs some of the same trailers have the windows that slide from right-to-left. I'm trying to work with dealer and keystone, however my initial response is no defect found.
I welcome your thoughts one this issue.
bsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
GT2400BH

Is it possible to stop by a different dealership and look a similar model. Before I bought mine I stopped and looked at one again at a closer dealership than I was buying it from Because I wanted to see how something mounted. Just a thought.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Passport 2810BH Window screens

Welcome to the forum.

Your windows have screens that are held in by clips. It sounds like the clips are causing issues. I've seen them not put on the screen frame properly, missing, and not clipped properly on the window frame.

Try removing the screen. Then look at the screen frame, and insure that all slots have a clip in them. Then starting at the top, put the screen on the frame and start pressing on the frame at the clips. It should snap into place, and you might need to apply a touch of sideways pressure.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote