Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2020, 06:19 AM   #1
Bama Hammer

New Braunfels Tx

Hello! Looking for anyone that has stayed at Hill Country resort in New Braunfels Tx. What were your experiences, likes, dislikes, overall impression? Many thanks!

And while on the topic, any other park recommendations in the New Braunfels area?
Bama Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Kind of depends on how close you want to be to New Braunfels. I suggest you join Passport America if not already a member. The Hill Country RV Resort is a member and pretty pricey unless you are a PA member. There is another PA member in that area; River Ranch RV Resort. I have never stayed in New Braunfels as I won't drive on IH35 and the camp grounds I am familiar with are more rural. Depending on what type part and how near to New Braunfels you want to be, I can recommend some parks off the beaten that are to the west in the Hill Country.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:11 PM   #3
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
Hello! Looking for anyone that has stayed at Hill Country resort in New Braunfels Tx. What were your experiences, likes, dislikes, overall impression? Many thanks!

And while on the topic, any other park recommendations in the New Braunfels area?
I stayed at Hill Country this past October. We had a very pleasant experience. Our only issue was that the apron to our particular site was up an impressive gravel hill that could only be accessed from the "wrong way" side without scraping the trailer's butt. Other than that, it was extremely nice. The dog parks were numerous, fenced, benched, and shaded; the indoor pool and spa were refreshing, their "giant games" park was a hit with the grandkid; the bath houses were clean and comfortable; and the WiFi was perfectly adequate. It was pricey, but you actually get what you pay for.

Plus, the location has a lot of advantages. Pilot truckstop with scale right across I-35. Drive past it to get to some of the best BBQ outlets in Texas, plus great shopping and attractions. We'd go back there in a heartbeat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6754.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	30121