Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #1
Cableman704

Hope you never need warranty work done

When my wife and I first got our montana high Country we had done a lot of home and look at every brand out there
We loved the one we got and still do.but we started with a leak from the back HVAC Unit after the repair guy being here 3 times it still was leaking when it would rain. He did everything that he was told to do but it would not fix it. Luckily and unluckily the HVAC unit went bad and had to be r we place.

Now this did fix the leak. But it took over 4 weeks for keystone to send the part and process the paper work. Now mind you mean time it is 100 degrees out side every day we live full time in our unit. One of the people I talked to from technical support says they are not made to live in. As I ask for updates and status they would not respond to me and or flat out lie to me. As I tried to reach out to management for help they sent it right to the one I was working with from the beginning that would not respond to me.

I do think they are getting what they want. I have 4 or 5 very minor warranty work that I need fixed but after that I don't know if it is worth the hassle to make them fix it when I can myself for a few hundred dollars.

At this point I would tell anyone never buy a keystone RV and I have very seriously debated trading my 2017 unit in for anything not Keystone.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
Tbos

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. The only time I needed warranty work the dealer took care of it quickly.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Old 10-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

While I understand your frustration, as a person that currently works in the RV industry, I wish you good luck in finding ANY brand that will deviate from the industry standard practice for warranty repairs. There is a "process" that has to be followed and it all takes time. FWIW, Keystone isn't the best but they are far from the worst.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:04 AM   #4
Javi

I used to work in the industry and I don't take any warranty issue to a dealer... unless it is the walls of the trailer... everything else is actually a pass-through warranty back to the actual manufacturer of the part or appliance...

Find a good independent service shop (make sure it doesn't sell RV's) and have them file the warranty...

RV dealers sell RV's and get them ready for sale.... Warranty and repair is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down their list of priorities after you sign the paperwork...
Old 10-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #5
Cableman704

It's funny that there are 2 very fast responses from people who post a lot in the forums. Both defending Keystone. Hmm I wonder who they work for (just saying )
I will say I can handle the delay of the paperwork. But when someone flat out lies to you that is unacceptable anyway about it. If you tell me the part is shipping today and two weeks later I am told the same thing that is wrong. I was nice about was just trying to get a update there was no need for a lie

On a different note I have been in a few RV dealership/shops and have been told they no longer will do any warranty work on keystone units because they get the same response from keystone.

Also I did say we do love our unit but customer service is very important to me.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:23 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Here's a few comments I just gleaned from the "fantastic WWW".

Jayco Problems. ... I don't have the patience to take it to the dealer for warranty work. I just figured I'd do things my way.

2014 Eddie Bauer Airstream trailer. ... Biggest problem. ... thought that Airstream made a quality product...and to think it was under warranty, ...

Forest River reviews: 5th wheel is a broken piece of junk . *** poor conctruction. ... Customers don't like. Product quality; Quality control; Poor dealer warranty

the whole reason I am ordering an anthem is because of our problems with Winnebago and camping world not fixxing warranty issues ...

New Holiday Rambler - nothing but problems. ... Since we were on the road I tried to arrange through warranty work at REV Group to have tech ...

These are just a few samples of the many unhappy RV owners of other brands. It's not a "Keystone problem" it's an "RV industry problem"...

Good luck finding a brand that you'll never have a warranty issue that "turns sour".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #7
Cableman704

So as someone who more than likely works for keystone. Instead of saying we are sorry for your experience and we will see if we can resolve our flaws as a company. The best you can do is say we (as in the RV world) suck at our jobs deal with it. That is nice.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #8
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman704 View Post
So as someone who more than likely works for keystone. Instead of saying we are sorry for your experience and we will see if we can resolve our flaws as a company. The best you can do is say we (as in the RV world) suck at our jobs deal with it. That is nice.
You really need to read that thing at the head of this form. This form is not associated in any way with Keystone RV. No one here works for Keystone RV unless they're hiding it very well this is not a forum owned by Keystone. Get over it.

Javi
Old 10-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #9
skikrazee

Quote:
It's funny that there are 2 very fast responses from people who post a lot in the forums. Both defending Keystone. Hmm I wonder who they work for (just saying ).
Seriously? you come on to an open forum to complain about your issues, then infer that the 1st 2 people to reply must work for keystone because they both have a lot of posts in the forum and are defending keystone.

What I read from their posts is that your experience with warranty work is common throughout the industry. Maybe we didn't read the same thing.
2006 Forest River Work and Play 18LT (up for sale)
Old 10-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
FOR THE RECORD:
I've been a member of this forum for over 6 years and in that time I've never known of anyone who works for the Keystone RV company to join this forum. The Keystone RV company does not monitor this forum and has never posted any comments to this forum. To the best of my knowledge, no employee of Keystone RV company has ever been a member of this forum and the company has no influence in anything that is posted here. This forum is privately owned by an LLC that is not associated with Keystone RV company and the company has no influence on any forum threads.

You're new to this forum and realistically have no idea what you're saying and what you're accusing members and moderators of doing. Your accusations are totally unfounded and completely wrong. What you're accusing those who have posted in response to your "frustration with Keystone" is not acceptable use of the forum.

I strongly suggest you read the red disclaimer at the bottom of every forum page and understand that it is there for a purpose, not just to fill space.

I resent your unfounded accusations and further comments that moderators or members who post positive comments about Keystone are "factory employees" will result in "post moderation".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-15-2017, 10:19 AM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
It's funny that there are 2 very fast responses from people who post a lot in the forums. Both defending Keystone. Hmm I wonder who they work for (just saying )
I will say I can handle the delay of the paperwork. But when someone flat out lies to you that is unacceptable anyway about it. If you tell me the part is shipping today and two weeks later I am told the same thing that is wrong. I was nice about was just trying to get a update there was no need for a lie

On a different note I have been in a few RV dealership/shops and have been told they no longer will do any warranty work on keystone units because they get the same response from keystone.

Also I did say we do love our unit but customer service is very important to me.

As has been said, this is an "owner's forum" not a Keystone RV forum and it explicitly states that. You should probably read that before you start slamming members who reply to your post.

As far as working with Keystone, if you had done any searching, you would have found hundreds of threads on here discussing those issues, how they happen and why they happen. Those issues aren't exclusive to Keystone. I've owned 4 different brands of RVs and they all have problems. My suggestion would be to educate yourself on those issues.

There are lots of members on here that have lots of experience with your kind of RV and various RV issues. I would suggest that it's a bad idea to jump in the forum and start insulting knowledgeable folks for no reason; you might find yourself in a pickle one day only to find that those same folks have put you on ignore....and your only recourse IS to play with Keystone. Just food for thought. Not trying to be "snarky" , just hoping to help.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:

I DON'T work for Keystone or any other Manufacturer .

I do work at a dealership that USED TO SELL keystone products.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #13
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Cableman704, I'd have to say that you are making a fool out of yourself. You joined the forum today and are lambasting people and making accusations you know nothing about. I do not, nor do any of the moderators on here work for Keystone and we do not get a dime for moderatoring on this forum. To suggest otherwise is blindness on your part. To my knowledge, there are no Keystone employees that are members of this forum and certainly no one is a cheerleader for them. Even if there were, they would not help you. If you look at the bottom of each forum webpage, it says that there is no connection between Keystone and the forum. We all have problems, just like you, with our rigs.

Your comments are polarizing and attacking members on the forum is not tolerated. We are here to help, but you need to tone it down and calm down. This is a very short warning that further accusations will not be tolerated. You owe a big apology to several fine gentlemen who did nothing to you. I'd start kissing butt right now. This kind of posting is totally against the forum rules.

Your turn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
Old 10-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #14
Steve Hayden

Well Said CTBruce, am on my 1st Monty, having previously owned FR products. ALL products that are manufactured, assembled, owned by humans have issues at some time in their life if they are used for their intended use. There is not enough room on this or any forum to list the problems I had with a tow vehicle. I received some pretty sketchy answers to my questions, but then I am the one that asked for help. If you don't want a question answered, then don't ask it.
2102 Massimoto SxS
Old 10-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #15
Pull Toy

Cableman704,

You're way out of line here "DUDE"!

No-one here doubts your frustration, but how dare you attack members of this forum, who only act in good faith! There is no official affiliation between "US" and the factory/dealers!

To impugn several of our senior membership, with ludicrous (big word here!) accusations, who have been here for the thick 'n thin for the rest of us. We rely on them, and trust their integrity, and input, so ... maybe you need to apologize, or move on!

Your attitude here is not productive, or welcome, rethink your attitude, or move on!

Good Luck (maybe Good-Bye,)

p.s. WE CAN"T ALL WORK FOR KEYSTONE, or do we???
Chill out!

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Old 10-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #16
jertour

warranty

Just my 2 cents worth, My wife and I took a tour of Keystone this past June,
They were building 28 RKS at the time and the gentleman heading the tour
made a statement that opened my eyes, he said the employees are paid
by the piece NOT by the hour. The sooner they get their numbers the sooner they can go home. That says a lot about the quality problems the industry
has. So far the people on here have been nothing but helpful.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #17
Eastham

I have been to the Dealer for some warrantee work they took care of the problem.quickly. Very friendly and professional. We had the camper back in less than a week.they even asked when we needed it.we did buy it from them maybe that has some impact on service .It is a keystones cougar from Diamond RV Hatfield ma. People are friendly from the time you walk in the door until you leave..the work they did was awning motor screen doors docking lights and roof caulk.we are in no way new to RV s have been rving since 1969.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #18
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
I have only found help here on this forum. I respect their answers and I have had a lot. As I have only owned a TT for just over a year and very unknowledgeable. One of the things I have learned is that the RV industry it is not like any another. Perhaps the industry as a whole will learn what the American auto industry learned aand made good, quality products with great customer support. But until then there is this wonderful site. Your attitude is your decision to make and please rethink what you said and realize maybe you came on a little abrasive and that it was not needed.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
Old 10-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #19
chuckster57
Site Team

Since the OP hasn’t logged into the forum since the start of this thread, I think at this point we aren’t Discussing anybody thing we haven’t done more than a few times. I’m going to close this thread.

Closed Thread

Tags
warranty