Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
dea3851

Heading to Florida this December

Hi all, have a dumb question about going to Florida this winter, I have my cougar 2010, 318sab winterized how do you guiys dump your anitfreeze in your system to put water in the fresh water tank Im in Michigan and I herd a lot of RV parks don't let you do it, any ideas would be helpful, and any good ideas on RV parks in Florida Thanks in advance Don from Ludington
dea3851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Don, I don't see how a campground would know what you are putting into your waste tanks. Don't think they have some kind of pooper-snooper to find pink stuff. When we used to leave that time of year I would blow out the lines with compressed air if it was not going to be warm enough to carry water but most of the time we made the trip with enough water added to the fresh tank just for toilet use and then flush all the lines when we got to Fla.

As for where to go? We prefer the west coast between Tampa and Naples. We are beach people ... your preferences may be different.
Travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
mhs4771

Several questions: When do you plan to leave and how long do you plan to stay?
We headed down in Feb of 2011 (from Western NY, Rochester/Buffalo area), watched the storms moving up the East Coast and timed it in between them. We flushed the water system and put in enough to get us at least part way. Set the furnace on about 50 to 55 and let it run while traveling as we have food stuff on board besides the fresh water. Worked for us. If coming between Jan and March and you're only looking for a few days per CG in Florida, you should be OK, BUT if you're looking to spend a month or more in one place it may be a problem as the Parks fill up fast, especially Jan to March with us Snow Birds. We're already here and the park is nearly empty, but by Jan there won't be a site open. Good luck
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
muddynoll

We are heading to Olando in December too. I plan toflush the lines out when we get there and just dump the tanks at the campground. They dont know there is antifreeze in the tank. I think its supposed to be sewer safe anyway. I would'nt worry about it.
2004 F350,CCLB SRW 6.0Powerstroke, 4.30 Gears, Curt 1,500 Lb. Hitch with sway control *2017 Fuzion Impact 312, Sailun S637 Tires 2011 Passport 2910 BH, 2006 Jayco 232, 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L, ReeseDualCam, Prodigy P3
muddynoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
rrohrer

every time I camp for the first time in the spring their is antifreeze in the lines. I never gave it a second thought. It is safe enough to be in your drinking water lines. Shouldn't hurt the sewer. Some of the other things that go out my bathroom on the other hand
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
rrohrer

never camped in florida before, but have reservations for fort wilderness diseny world in march.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Outbackmel

Pink stuff

I left frozen mtns of n GA last Jan and headed to AZ. Used bottled water until we were s of freeze lines. No problem. Used 5er to eat lunch in every day and dinner at night. Just adapt and enjoy.

I would guess 100% that idiots go to FL with filled pink in water tank and open the drain petcock and bleed it on the ground vs pumping it through the system to gray water tanks. Awful lot of self serving travelers out there. I am sure no one on this forum is included. We r respectful of the places we camp and of our neighbors.....

By the way, most all above the frost line have pink in tanks and traps. Another reason I am confident in my opinion.

Goodnight
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote