Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Codydog

Smile Branson-best time of year?

We're wondering what time of year would be best to travel to Branson, MO from California? Also, how would you compare the Branson Xmas shows to the regular season?

We would like to go in early fall, September or October or after November 1st to catch the Xmas shows. We would take the southern route from CA via New Mexico. If you have taken this trip from CA or if you're planning a trip, we would appreciate your input. Thank you
Codydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
closesquarters

Table Rock State Park

Can't recommend a route from California as we traveled from Wisconsin, however... if you don't have any campgrounds picked out, I have a recommendation. We stayed at Table Rock State Park during our Branson visit last September. I'm sure you'll agree that everyone's opinion of campgrounds differs greatly. As such... I cannot guarantee its what you have in mind. The park has multiple loops. Our loop had very spacious cement pads with full hook-ups, mowed lawns... and plenty of elbow room between sites. I compare this to a campground we saw in Branson city limits that stacked rvs on top of one another. The drive to Branson from Table Rock was 10 to 15 minutes. I think we made our site reservation in the spring... not sure how quickly they fill up. Hope you have a great trip!

2012 Keystone Montana 3582RL
2011 Duramax 3500 short box
closesquarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Lack of HP

Branson

Codydog, I live about 35 miles from Branson, go there alot. I would recommend catching the Christmas shows early. Check the Branson websites, Silver Dollar City has a out of this world Christmas program. Recommend KOA in Branson, they are customer friendly and will help you with anything you need. They are all campers. Can not help you with a route, usually go east as my kids live in Florida. If I can help you with anything else let me know. Hope to see you in Missouri. HP
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote