Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
chris199

Eagle's Peak Camping Resort Southeast …PA...NEAR LAncaster and Reading

Super nice place! Campsites are just as nice as Lake in Wood IMHO.......at least the wooded sites are. Our site is nice and deep...plenty wide.....woods between us and those behind us. Some brush between sites side to side. Kids look like they love the pool area. Mini golf and they had a hot air balloon here today.

The overall condition of the grounds is nott as nice as Lake in Wood.....is truly a resort environment...

Would definitely ccome here again...as long as we were in wooded area. Not crazy about the meadow spots out front. Not my idea of camping....no trees and on top of one another. Plenty of wooded sites though! Very nice!!

Warning.....do NOT use Google directions to get here (either from a PC or phone). Takes you down Hill Rd off Rt 422....then a 175 degree turn back to your right...no way to make the turn. Had to 3 miles past over very narrow roads and turn around thru a housing development then return.

Advice: Follow directions from website!!

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
hankaye

Howdy All;

One thing I always used to do when I drove OTR. When I'd hit a Pa.
Welcome Center I'd ask for a trucker's map of Pa. Showes all the high
gradient roads, Hazmat restrictions, 'Forbiden Roads' (to curvey for Big
Trucks, can also apply to some of the rigs out there). Nice chunk of information that fits in the glovebox...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
chris199

Noisey Neighbors! What to Do?

Stayed at Eagke's Peak again this weekend. Very nice site...private...lots of woods and himunks are here for entertainment.

Only issue..large ffamily next to us with an RV and tents on one site leaves their radio blaring all night. Get sooo pissed that I'm tempted to go to the manager's quarters. Can hear that thing as clear as day INSIDE our unit. Is it really possible they domt realize it? OR That they are just rude? Both nights the same thing!

Im aake now beause of it. Any suggestions on how to handle? I just went over and turned it down myself..didn't want to make a scene.

Any suggestions?

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Rather than getting into a confrontation with the noisy campers, I would recommend that you take your concerns to the campground manager and ask him to speak to the group. There must be some kind of campground rule or policy about unreasonable noise after a certain hour. I would suggest that you ask the manager to get back to you with a report as to what action he took and if you can expect a quieter evening tomorrow.
Sometimes managers will tell you that "I'll look into it," but never do.
It is probably after 3 a.m. where you are, so I am not sure whether it would be best to wait until morning before you approach the manager or do it now.
You shouldn't have to put up with that kind of disrespectful behavior from your camping neighbors. Surely, they must realize that the "music" is loud and shouldn't be played at that level this late at night. My guess is that they are rude and they should not be spoiling your night's sleep or your enjoyment.
Let us know how you make out.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
chris199

There is an 11 PM quiet rule on weekends which is very reasonablle. I think it is 10 PM during the week.

Yes....it is almost 4 AM now.....read the news online, tempted to go watch tv but I do not want to be a source of noise....ironic.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

If 11 pm is the quiet time rule in the campground, then the manager shouldn't have any problem in insisting that your noisy neighbors adhere to that. Have a chat with him first thing in the morning. Why should you have to put up with boorish, inconsiderate behavior long after 11 pm??
Old 06-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
chris199

Will certainly say something. First time we have run into this. Campers we encounter are usually very considerate. Nothing wrong with having fun and making some noise during waking hours but I you can hear your own radio from your own picnic table inside your trailer at 3 or 4 AM.....it is too loud. IMHO....just common sense.

Oh well....time to try to get some more sleep.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
jsmith948

Well, at the risk of starting a war of opinions, one of my pet peeves is the outdoor speakers that many of RVs have.
I enjoy music as much as anyone, BUT, I will not subject my fellow campers to my brand of tunes whether it is day or night.
Frankly, I go camping to get away from all the racket - the last thing I want to listen to is an over-based, over-amped stereo blasting away.
I don't use the outside speakers!!!
Sorry for the rant - JMHO
Happy Father's Day to all
Jack

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #9
blackty

Chris, His name is Vesa and his wife's name is Sue. They both are very good at keeping the peace. I've witnessed them showing one group the "door" after being disruptive to the point of having other people leave. Don't let one incident tarnish the whole campground...Jim site 29
Old 06-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
Outbackmel

Booze is the answer

Get a quart or gallon of Jack Daniels and a box of loud firecrackers...get sloshed; throw fire crackers into your campfire, make sure your neighbors are listening, have an OBSTRUCTED view and have your wife start screaming honey; please don't go over there....it will violate the terms of our Witness Protection Program....

OR, under Walmart's generous return policy, go charge mega speakers, get a hip hop tape and at 3:15am, turn it on maximum volume the last day and moments of your stay When everyone comes running out screaming, SHOUT the volumes stuck.

OR, JUST DRINK THE BOOZE AND SLEEP!!

Wave bye bye as you leave
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
Festus2
Site Team

Chris -
Just wondering how you made out with your discussion with the campground manager. Did he speak to your noisey neighbours? What was the outcome? Or will you find out late tonight if noise dies down at 11 pm or will you be kept awake again?
I hope it ends in a peaceful and acceptable resolution for you!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
chris199

We were only there for the weekend. Was going to let it go but decided to call the CG and let them know. Left a msg for them. Followed up with them just a bit ago and was told that they got my msg and made a note on the camper's account about their behavior and will chk them in future, will make sure they understand the quiet hour, and keep them in mind in future for this issue.

I feel the CG handled it well. Still amazes me that someone would do that. Their reason was to have background noise or their child to fall asleep. One would think you'd want this IN the RV with the child...

Anyway..it is over. Will still go back to Eagle's Peak. Love their sites...esp the chipmunks. They provided some great entertainment each morning!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
jsmith948

Chris,
I applaud your having ended the whole thing with such a positive attitude.
Can' t buy the "background noise" - besides, what better background noise than what nature provides? Having been born and raised in NW New Jersey, I have great memories of the "peepers", the owls, and watching the fire flies! (I know it sounds weird, but, we don't have fireflies and I don't think I've ever heard the "peepers" here at night)
Jack

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote