Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Ron

Good Sam

Just wonder what the forum thought about all the junk mail you get from Good Sam. I just purchased the the Emergency Road Side Service back in January and here it comes all the Junk Mail to follow for weeks on end and still getting it today, what a waste of paper. Happy Campin.........Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
f6bits

If it’s “Presorted Standard,” i.e. Junk Mail, it goes straight to recycling. Even their catalogs. Waste of paper *and* money. I haven’t pursued telling them to stop sending me stuff. Checking my profile on their website, all my junk mail options are turned off, but I still get some stuff. Probably not as much as you.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
smiller

Was bad at first but after I turned off the 'opportunity' to receive all the valuable advertising by both direct and email the flood has dried to a barely noticeable trickle. It's annoying that they make you opt out but it does work once you do. The request may take a few months to work its way through the system so you have to be patient, but eventually it will quiet down.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Ron

I should of noted all my junk mail is direct and every time even when you just renew you membership, here is all comes again. My computer settings are pretty aggressive as to weed out all the junk e-mail thank god so that's pretty much under control. I know eventually it stops but in the mean time I guess one just puts up with it. Happy Campin..........Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Much, well really, almost all of that junk mail comes with a postage prepaid reply card or envelope. I just mail it back to them empty, or in the case of the card, I write "no thanks" on the back and drop it in the mail. It may just be my "passive/aggressive way of getting them to "pay" but it's just that, "THEY" have to pay the postage when they pick it up. It may only be $.19 in the case of bulk return mail, but if enough people do it, eventually the "management" will get the hint that it costs more to mail this garbage than they make on the publicity. That's when it stops and "they" find another way to "bother us" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Pappydude

I partially completed an online request for an insurance quote on my RV and when I got to the "rates" I found I was paying less than they could offer so I simply closed the window. MISTAKE - I started getting requests to finish the quote info within a certain period of time. I went back to it and deleted all the information then closed the window. Then I started getting tons-0-mail prompting me to sign up, do this, blah blah blah! After nearly 9 months, I'm still getting it - but then they merged with Camping World so I'm getting it from that end as well.........what a waste of postage and time and energy. Someone has to put these mailings together.......
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
webslave

We are GS Lifers... "Opted out" years ago through their website and we don't get that much junk mail from them. I get far more junk mail from Chase, CitiBank and Geico...the pieces that I do get infrequently just get sorted with the rest of the junk mail that fills my mailbox daily. Not a big deal, it goes in the bin with the rest of it unopened. If it was the only junk mail I got and I got it daily, it might be annoying, but, I get far more junk mail from folks that I have a lot less interest in.

Look at it on the bright side...if it weren't for junk mail, you wouldn't get any mail or it would only be delivered twice a week. Junk mail, right now, is the only thing keeping the Post Office from running even bigger deficits that would require drastic curtailments in their, already beleaguered, services.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
sandy43

Get an ink stamp that says "Return to Sender", put back in the box and after a while the junk mail slows way down. They have to pay for returned mail.
sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote