Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
SlowPoke

Oh no, not another list!

As I've been looking through the net, I've found some very helpful videos on RV Maintenance, repairs, and other things.

I'm compiling a list of links, and trying to categorize them for personal library of links for these videos. I'll post the list under a new thread in the Repairs and Maintenance forum once completed. The Mods can make it a sticky if they feel it's warranted, otherwise it would be a good source for anyone to search through that could be found through the search option in the forum.

Do any of you have any favorite HOW TO or Repair/Maintenance video links that you would like to add? I know RVGEEKS and others have some very good videos, so if you have a favorite "Poster" that I could rifle through and add the links individually...let me know! You can add them here, or send a PRIVATE MESSAGE to me....

Thanks for you input!

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Jca3

day/night shade repair

Here is something I posted after we had repaired our day and night shades. I included the links to good videos and PDF's for how to cross the strings.

We successfully repaired 3 day/night shades in our Laredo. There are a number of videos to look at but this one is the best.

Here's a good PDF with drawings for the various types of blinds.
www.discoveryowners.com/DayNightCompile.pdf

We bought the right color string from fixmyblinds.com They have everything, all sizes of string, springs, the small gripper knobs at the bottom etc. They delivered within days.

Remember to keep both day and night sections facing front. I think we discovered most things to do wrong and had to take back down and redo. Thankfully we discovered we didn't have to take off the valances.

If your strings broke because they were too tight make sure to give yourself more string next time.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
yeabuddy

http://www.trailerlife.tv/ has some decent free ones otherwise you can pay to join and have access to more.
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
fla-gypsy

e trailer has a lot of how to videos. here is the link;

http://www.etrailer.com/video-categories.aspx