Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
plewis1968

Outside lights won't shut off

The lights on the outside of our 09 Montana Mountaineer will not shut off. My husband unhooked the camper and pulled away from it and they came on. All the switches on the inside are off and we can't find any on the outside that could be on. We shut the battery power off and they still stayed on. We plugged the camper back into an electrical outlet because we don't want them to drain the battery. Any suggestions?
plewis1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I don't understand what you mean by turned the battery power off??? Battery disconnect should kill all lights. Do you have a remote ?????? and were lights turned on with that???? Just trying to narrow down cause of problem, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
plewis1968

Smile Remote

Haha. We are new to the camping world! My husband used the remote to lower the landing gear and he must have turned the light on there. I didn't realize you could do that. We learn something new everyday! Also - we did disconnect the battery but it didn't kill the lights which we thought was odd.
plewis1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by plewis1968 View Post
Haha. We are new to the camping world! My husband used the remote to lower the landing gear and he must have turned the light on there. I didn't realize you could do that. We learn something new everyday! Also - we did disconnect the battery but it didn't kill the lights which we thought was odd.
The remote's control board is wired before the disconnect. Travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
azlee56

yeah, I just went through that...the bf accidentally pushed the button and I knew I had read something here, so ran into the computer room to do a search. The only thing different is that when we unhooked the battery the light went off. I then turned the light on with the remote and flipped switches which did nothing and then shut if off with the remote. I had to prove to myself that was what happened.