Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
halfprice

Anyone been to SAN ONOFRE SB

I've been trying to find a local beach campground to take the trailer out for its maiden voyage but most are booked for the weekend we want to go.

San Onofre has lots available. So I'm looking for input on this place. Kind of wondering why it has so many open sites when everything else is booked.

Is it a dive??????? Problems or has it just been overlooked.

Any insite is appreciated.

Jerry

2008 Keystone Springdale 242FWRLSSR 5th wheel
2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
16K Super Glide Sliding Hitch
Old 01-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
f6bits

It’s off season, it’s 1.5 miles from the beach, and there’s no sewer (just a dump station).

Doheney was full? How about San Clemente or Dockweiler (LAX)? Start poking around at campgroundreviews.com at beach city locations for something possible. We did our maiden trip at Puddingstone (East Shore RV park). A pleasant place with full hookups and it’s really close to us.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
Old 01-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
chain_dogg

[QUOTE=halfprice;26874]I've been trying to find a local beach campground to take the trailer out for its maiden voyage but most are booked for the weekend we want to go.

San Onofre has lots available. So I'm looking for input on this place. Kind of wondering why it has so many open sites when everything else is booked.

San Clemente. prolly the next best thing. But you might want to try Vail lake resort in temecula...that place is awsome. Horseback riding / miniture golf / 3 pools / basketball courts / full hook ups. on 77 mile from me in Anaheim
Old 01-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I've been trying to find a local beach campground to take the trailer out for its maiden voyage but most are booked for the weekend we want to go.

Jerry
San Clemente. prolly the next best thing. But you might want to try Vail lake resort in temecula...that place is awsome. Horseback riding / miniture golf / 3 pools / basketball courts / full hook ups. on 77 mile from me in Anaheim
Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
halfprice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdayman View Post
It’s off season, it’s 1.5 miles from the beach, and there’s no sewer (just a dump station).

Doheney was full? How about San Clemente or Dockweiler (LAX)? Start poking around at campgroundreviews.com at beach city locations for something possible. We did our maiden trip at Puddingstone (East Shore RV park). A pleasant place with full hookups and it’s really close to us.

After doing alittle more research I saw that it is north of the 5. Forget it. San Clemente has one spot for a 24 ft.

Puddingdstone!! Haven't been there in 40-50 years or so.

We are set on the beach for the first trip. Might go there a little later.

I'll talk to the DW when I get home but I think I'll reserve Crystal Cove Moro CG. They a a few sites left but no hook ups.

I guess the new gen, bbq and all the other things I've bought since getting the 5th will get some use.

Jerry

2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
chain_dogg

This change in Weather sure filled up the beach spots this weekend
Old 01-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
halfprice

We decided to go else where and the beach will come later.

I looked into Vail. Looks nice but a buddy suggested Lake Skinner. Just a little down the road from Vail. So we booked Skinner and I'll be able to fish a little.

Jerry

2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
Old 01-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
f6bits

Skinner sure looks nice. Home of the Temecula balloon festival. Fills up for that, so we’re staying a bit away (Tucalota Springs) in a more rustic campground. Have fun!

We’re also looking into a weekend beach trip soon. I’m itching to get out again, and it hasn’t even been a month since our last outing. I really feel for those who are shut down for the winter.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
Old 01-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

San Onofre SB thread closure

It appears as though this thread has taken on a new life and the discussion has now drifted away from San Onofre and on to other campgrounds. If anyone wishes to inquire or make comments about a new and different campground, please start a new thread. Thank you.
Closed Thread