Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
wrighfr58

Leveling TV Advice

I have a 2008 F250 SD with a 6.4D and a 2012 Laredo 335TG. When I am hitched up I notice the rear of the TV is Lower 27.5" than the front 29.5". I would like to get the TV level.

I am considering adding Ride Rite or Hellwigs. Your thoughts and ideas would be mote appreciated.

Maybe new shocks or spacer are an option as well.

Thanks

2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.4L Diesel
wrighfr58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Jim W

I am using air bags made be Air Lift with a SureSet system with an on board air compressor and gages. I will set the pressure that I need to maintain to provide a level truck regardless of load. The system will than maintain the proper air pressure regardless of elevation and or temperature changes which results in less or more air pressure in the bags. So far I am happy with the system.
The main thing you need to insure is that whatever air bags you pick. The air bags will have the necessary clearance with the hitch on your truck when installed.
Also keep in mind that you will need to carry some extra weight in the bed of the truck when not towing anything. I have found out that the unloaded ride tends to be a little bumpier without any weight in the bed. Regardless of the air pressure in the bags. I run the bags with 10 psi in the bags when unloaded
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
wrighfr58

Jim Thanks!

I would have thougt you could revert back to normal with these. I will only need to level the half dozen times spent towing each year. I don't want to have to carry extra weight.

There must be another option..

Fred

2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.4L Diesel
wrighfr58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighfr58 View Post
Jim Thanks!

I would have thougt you could revert back to normal with these. I will only need to level the half dozen times spent towing each year. I don't want to have to carry extra weight.

There must be another option..

Fred
I use Ride-rites myself but many people swear by Timbrens http://www.timbren.com/ They replace your rubber bump stops and only effect the ride when loaded. Like I said my knowledge of them is second hand but I have not heard any complaints. With air bags you must keep 5-10 lbs. in when unloaded to protect the bags .... also you should not frame-lift the rear of the TV. Nothing is perfect, I would install Ride-rites again. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
Txoutback

I have the Timbrens and love them. Or look into SumoSprings for the F250 and F350. They do not make Sumosprings for the F-150

2011 Outback 277RL
2011 Ford F150 EB Max Tow
Txoutback is offline   Reply With Quote