Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
mdschlick

Fold out couch with air mattress

We just purchased a used Cougar 307BHS and during our final walk thru I noticed when we folded out the couch to take a look at the air mattress--there was a large void (about 12 inches wide) between the folded out couch and the wall. Isn't this a safety issue with small children or even adults? The air mattress is large enough that it looks like it would fit on the folded out couch plus cover this void once inflated but I would think one's head or feet (depending on which direction you sleep) would be unsupported and be really uncomfortable. Am I missing something here or is this how it is suppose to be? All the other trailers I've had just had jack-knife couches that when folded out were right against the wall of the trailer.
mdschlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
ktmracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdschlick View Post
We just purchased a used Cougar 307BHS and during our final walk thru I noticed when we folded out the couch to take a look at the air mattress--there was a large void (about 12 inches wide) between the folded out couch and the wall. Isn't this a safety issue with small children or even adults? The air mattress is large enough that it looks like it would fit on the folded out couch plus cover this void once inflated but I would think one's head or feet (depending on which direction you sleep) would be unsupported and be really uncomfortable. Am I missing something here or is this how it is suppose to be? All the other trailers I've had just had jack-knife couches that when folded out were right against the wall of the trailer.
On our outback, there is a void as well. Seems to be a perfect spot to stuff the couch cushions and use them as a "headboard" of of sorts or pillow. the foot end of the airbed hangs over the frame, but that seems to work just fine since it is reasonably stiff by itself and only your legs are on that part of the airbed. At any rate, our daughter/SIL and our Son all say that setup works great and is comfortable.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
brent

Smile air mattress

i hve a outback sydney 325fre with the same couch. i take the sofa back counchs and put them in the empty space. it works well this way.
brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
badge4

We have the same void on our retreat and as others have stated its a great storage area and the air mattress is self supporting where it overhangs the frame so I would not be concerned at all.
badge4 is offline   Reply With Quote