Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
BulletOwner1

Atta Boy to Curtis Trlrs, Aloha, OR

In the spring of this year we purchased our 2012 Bullet (used) from Curtis Trailer Sales in Aloha, OR. We purchased as is, no warranty.

Discovered couple of weeks ago that the propane tanks were made in '01 and were out of cert. Couldn't be filled. No idea why or how they ended up on our 2012 TT.

Well I was somewhat perturbed and sent a (polite) email to Curtis explaining the situation and wondering how this could have happened but not expecting too much of a response.

The next morning in my inbox was a reply from them. Basically it said to purchase tanks, get them filled, and they would pay for it. I was very pleased by this response. And yes they did send a check.

This is something they didn't have to do but did so Kudos to them.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

The other owner switched out old tanks to get rid them and have new exta tanks. Glad to hear Curtis stepped up and did the right thing.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
kimanderson98642

We have dealt with the one in East Portland and they have always been straight forward and good to deal with. Hard to get in and out of but great people.
Home Base Ridgefield, Washington
2011 Keystone Cougar 292rks
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins
kimanderson98642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
RV 4 Fun

We bought our 5th wheel from the Aloha store. We have had a couple warranty issues repaired.....no problems. I should mention they have always been prompt. Last fall our fireplace glass from shattered for unknown reason.
One call to Curtis and dropped it off and repairs DONE!
Good Job Curtis!!
RV 4 Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
Pappydude

Talking

I bought my 2011 318SAB at the spring RV show, but the purchase was made through the Sales Manager of the SE Powell store. The tt actually came from the Curtis dealer in Aloha. This is my second purchase from this same dealership and sales person! I live closer to the dealer in Aloha so take my rig there for any service needed. I've found both dealerships have EXCELLENT quality staff - both in sales and service. And, if something isn't right they'll bend over backwards to get it fixed. My only issue was a repaint of the front end cap. The dealer got it right - Keystone screwed it up by sending the wrong decals - not once but twice. The person who actually installed them was an outside vendor and ended up making his own to complete the job. I'd recommend either dealership for sales or service!
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
BeaverRZR

We have purchased 2 brand new trailers from Curtis in Aloha. Both times the deal was seamless with no suprises. No sales pressure to buy and you are free to roam the lot and go through trailers without a salesman which i enjoyed. There also seems to be a genuine family atmosphere which is nice.

When i first went in to look at our first new trailer I was on a lunch break and the salesman said "where's your wife?" I said she's at home and he proceeded to tell me that basically I was welcome to look around but he wasn't interested in selling me a trailer unless she was there and gave her approval lol
Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #7
cjm

We had excellent service from them and bought our last trailer from them. Would definitely deal with them again!
cjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #8
Grizz

We purchased our 321 from Curtis three years ago and have been very pleased with the dealership and the trailer

TV. 2006 Dodge 3500 4x4 Equalizer 4 point Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
berg

Yeah, not so much here...

See post #7...

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17041
Old 08-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #10
BulletOwner1

Berg,

Hope you get your issues worked out. Doesn't sound like it will be in time though. I had a good experience and so have others but yours seems to have fallen through the cracks. Let us know how it works out.

Richard
Old 08-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #11
berg

The service manager seems to be the only one who gets it and they are now (almost 2 weeks later) doing their best to get things moving and done - incredibly frustrating. --My wife breathing down my neck doesn't help either--

The part was supposed to be delivered yesterday - I was willing to pay overnight shipping to make sure of it but was told that was unnecessary. Part won't show up until today sometime now because someone dropped the ball.

"Maybe" repaired in time is the word - no promises. We will see by the end of the day today...
Old 08-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #12
berg

Trailer is back - slide works well. Thankfully.

Discovered a handful of leftover (?) screws and some tools left behind by the repair tech after I got home...

Also while there got a glimpse of the dealer copy of warranty paperwork and notes - total of 2.5 hours labor. They had the trailer for 13 days to diagnose and complete the repair. Only one day waiting for parts. Really......
Old 08-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg View Post
Trailer is back - slide works well. Thankfully.

Discovered a handful of leftover (?) screws and some tools left behind by the repair tech after I got home...

Also while there got a glimpse of the dealer copy of warranty paperwork and notes - total of 2.5 hours labor. They had the trailer for 13 days to diagnose and complete the repair. Only one day waiting for parts. Really......
At this point, you can't do anything to change the time frame for repairs. Let that part go and focus on using the RV for its intended purpose, camping. A campfire and a "cool one" will help make the bitterness a bit sweeter.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #14
Ken / Claudia

The 3 times I have had work done their, warranty and other stuff. I got a complete copy of the work, costs, time, parts. The warranty work shows what I said was the problem and 2 or 3 pages of information on what they did but, no costs listed. from 2012, 2013 and April of 2014. Nothing was hidden. Trailer was brought in by appointment and picked up when they said it was to be done or before (1 time).
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #15
berg

Cold ones always help. Perhaps it was just a fluke, but it was fluke after fluke in this case. I got a copy of paperwork with my description of the problem, a note about their diagnosis agreeing, then the part number for the motor gear box listed. Also no prices.

Forgot to mention the tongue jack foot that they bent up somehow. Not a big deal to straighten (I think) or replace, but once again COME ON!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg View Post
Cold ones always help. Perhaps it was just a fluke, but it was fluke after fluke in this case. I got a copy of paperwork with my description of the problem, a note about their diagnosis agreeing, then the part number for the motor gear box listed. Also no prices.
Forgot to mention the tongue jack foot that they bent up somehow. Not a big deal to straighten (I think) or replace, but once again COME ON!
Ford doesn't put the cost of repairs on their warranty receipts to the customer either. All that's documented is the customer complaint, diagnosis and repair action. Parts replaced are listed, but no prices for anything and no labor cost information.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:12 PM   #17
takpak

Talking Curtis trailer

Also an atta boy to Curtis from us. We are on our third trailer from them, one Cougar and two Montana's. Always courteous, always helpful, and very professional. They try to remember your name (no problem with us, we're in there all the time buying goodies) and they have a great new owner program as well. You get a free class (and food) with each new trailer purchase. Also discounts on buying stuff as well. A high five to Curtis from us!
2017 Montana 3810
2015 GMC SLT K3500 double cab, SRW, Duramax/Allison
takpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:26 PM   #18
buzzcop63

We bought our 2012 Cougar from Trevor Curtis; saw it at the RV show, got a quote from Trevor. We spent another week looking to make sure this was our best selection, called Trevor and he had the unit built and sold it to us at the original quoted price, no problems. Curtis Trailer set up our first trailer with its hitch and brake control. Everything has worked and we are on our fourth season. One warranty part, lock on one of the pass through which I traded for a new one! Also got good deal on electric hoist. Trevor has sold three units to my wife's family and they are very pleased with their Cougar's.