Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2024, 09:42 AM   #1
MrsDebLo

How to find blueprints for 2024 25RDSWE

Happy Sunday! ☀️

Does anyone know where I can find the build plans or blueprints for a 2024 Cougar Half Ton 25RDSWE?

It was easy to find for our Lance 850 TC, but I’m not having any luck with our Keystone.

Thanks for reading!

Debbie
2024 Cougar Half Ton 25RDSWE
2015 Chevy 2500HD
MrsDebLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:17 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

As far as I know you wont find them anywhere. What specific information are you looking for?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:44 AM   #3
MrsDebLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
As far as I know you wont find them anywhere. What specific information are you looking for?
Hi Chuckster!

I have some wall storage items I want to install and I don’t want to hit anything. I use command strips 95% of the time, but I have a few things that need to be screwed in.

I wish they made that stuff available! I’d also like to know how deep my converter is under my oven. LOL. We are changing it out because the one we have WF 9855 AD…..doesn’t auto detect our lithium batteries ☹️.

Thank you for your quick reply! 👍🏼❤️
Old 04-21-2024, 11:26 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Stand alone converters are often times within 3 feet of the breaker panel, Ive seen them plugged into anoutlet on the rear of the panel and I have seen them plugged into an outlet somewhere else.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:50 AM   #5
GlasNav

The converter in a 25RDS is located behind the distribution panel and alongside the furnace. The converter is floor mounter with 4 screws.

I wouldn't drill any holes anywhere beneath the oven, lots of wiring shoved into that little space!

Converter only reachable thru the hole for the distribution panel. Not accessible by removing the stove.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:01 PM   #6
NH_Bulldog

Before you change out your WF-9855-AD converter (AD stands for Auto Detect), is it really malfunctioning, and if so why not let warranty handle it?

The reason I ask if it is really malfunctioning, is because it will not auto detect battery type unless you connect it to a discharged battery first. So if you had lead acid batteries and swapped in a set of fully charged lithium batteries, it will not detect the fully charged lithium batteries. In some rare cases, the converter firmware needs an update. Green LED means it is sensing and charging on a lead-acid profile and a blue LED is lithium.

If you have not done so, I might suggest disconnecting solar and shore power and bringing the lithium batteries to a low state of charge, then re-engage shore power and let the converter auto-detect and charge the batteries.

As for screwing things to walls, a good quality stud finder is suggested. However, keep in mind that exterior walls are framed with aluminum studs so don’t use just any old screw and watch the length if you do choose to attach anything to an exterior wall
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 08:25 AM   #7
MrsDebLo

Quote:
Stand alone converters are often times within 3 feet of the breaker panel, Ive seen them plugged into anoutlet on the rear of the panel and I have seen them plugged into an outlet somewhere else.
We found it! It was really close to the panel. I was worried we would have to take out the oven to access it. Good news is I think the converter finally auto detected our lithium batteries! YAY! Saw the blue light. 👍🏼👏🏼

Thanks again for your help!
Debbie
Old 04-22-2024, 08:31 AM   #8
MrsDebLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Before you change out your WF-9855-AD converter (AD stands for Auto Detect), is it really malfunctioning, and if so why not let warranty handle it?

The reason I ask if it is really malfunctioning, is because it will not auto detect battery type unless you connect it to a discharged battery first. So if you had lead acid batteries and swapped in a set of fully charged lithium batteries, it will not detect the fully charged lithium batteries. In some rare cases, the converter firmware needs an update. Green LED means it is sensing and charging on a lead-acid profile and a blue LED is lithium.

If you have not done so, I might suggest disconnecting solar and shore power and bringing the lithium batteries to a low state of charge, then re-engage shore power and let the converter auto-detect and charge the batteries.

As for screwing things to walls, a good quality stud finder is suggested. However, keep in mind that exterior walls are framed with aluminum studs so don’t use just any old screw and watch the length if you do choose to attach anything to an exterior wall
Hi Bulldog!

It finally auto detected! YAY!! It is right behind our panel. The blue light is on!! 🙏🏼. I’m so glad. One less thing to deal with.

Question: Our batteries are at 13.8 when fully charged. Does the voltage only go up to 14.4 during bulk charge? I saw it was at 14.6 for awhile, but came back down. Maybe once it went into float charge?

Thanks for you time and help!
Debbie
Old 04-22-2024, 08:36 AM   #9
MrsDebLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasNav View Post
The converter in a 25RDS is located behind the distribution panel and alongside the furnace. The converter is floor mounter with 4 screws.

I wouldn't drill any holes anywhere beneath the oven, lots of wiring shoved into that little space!

Converter only reachable thru the hole for the distribution panel. Not accessible by removing the stove.
Hi GlasNav!

Exactly where you said! 👍🏼👏🏼👊🏼. Mess of wires, sawdust and hunks of whatever. 🤣🤪. Got it all cleaned up and saw the blue light indicating lithium charge profile! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼. One less thing to deal with. So happy!

Thanks so much for taking the time!
Debbie
Old 04-22-2024, 08:50 AM   #10
jasin1

Quote:
not necessarily so…you could move to the Goshen Indiana area for a year and befriend the locals ….study some of the local traditions and perhaps convert to the Amish lifestyle…purchase a farm and some animals….get someone to recommend you for a job on the assembly line at one of the local rv manufacturers…after you prove yourself as a dedicated worker you could perhaps get promoted from insulation installer to the coveted and respected electrical systems installer and perhaps get your hands on a set of blueprints…..after you finish out your shift and get paid. ( not sure if you would have to wait for weekly pay or daily pay?? ) but either way
put you two weeks notice in and go back to the farm and finish feeding the cows and other animals and put the farm up for sale and back to your regular life….easy peasy
Old 04-22-2024, 11:43 AM   #11
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
not necessarily so…you could move to the Goshen Indiana area for a year and befriend the locals ….study some of the local traditions and perhaps convert to the Amish lifestyle…purchase a farm and some animals….get someone to recommend you for a job on the assembly line at one of the local rv manufacturers…after you prove yourself as a dedicated worker you could perhaps get promoted from insulation installer to the coveted and respected electrical systems installer and perhaps get your hands on a set of blueprints…..after you finish out your shift and get paid. ( not sure if you would have to wait for weekly pay or daily pay?? ) but either way
put you two weeks notice in and go back to the farm and finish feeding the cows and other animals and put the farm up for sale and back to your regular life….easy peasy
Good to see you out and in public. The Work Release program at your institution seems to be helpful for rehabilitating certain... well behaviors.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 12:11 PM   #12
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Good to see you out and in public. The Work Release program at your institution seems to be helpful for rehabilitating certain... well behaviors.
They took us all out for a field trip day to the local library …… I managed to get a hold of a computer till they figure out what I’m up to
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4760.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	506.9 KB
ID:	46766  
Old 04-22-2024, 12:59 PM   #13
wiredgeorge

Quote:
They took us all out for a field trip day to the local library …… I managed to get a hold of a computer till they figure out what I’m up to
https://media.tenor.com/wdkqj5L--6YA...markiplier.gif
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 01:32 PM   #14
MrsDebLo

Quote:
Done! 🤣.

Thank you for taking the time!!! I loved it!! 👊🏼❤️
Old 04-22-2024, 02:11 PM   #15
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Why not just break in and steal it? Just look for a piece of butchers paper with crayon lines drawn on it. The electrical drawings are most likely pencil marks on a peice of cardboard with hex signs drawn in crayon on it to ward against the evil of the "devil's lightning".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 06:20 PM   #16
GlasNav

Quote:
Sounds like you have some friends down in Matthews, that's how they would handle it!

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:20 PM   #17
LHaven

Quote:
get promoted from insulation installer to the coveted and respected electrical systems installer and perhaps get your hands on a set of blueprints…..after you finish out your shift and get paid.
But they still wouldn't be the blueprints for your particular rig, nor any rig made beyond that Friday.