Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
Jengiemulkey

Cap LED

There is an LED light strip on the front of my 287QBS. Does it only come on when the trailer is hooked to the tow vehicle?
Jengiemulkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

There should be a switch that turns them on/off. It may be on the monitor panel marked “cap lights”, or it may be in the front compartment. That is the 2 most common places for the switch.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
Jengiemulkey

Switch

I looked on the control panel and the only thing there regarding lights is the outdoor switch for the
LEDs under the awning and the interior lights. Neither of those effect the cap lights. I also can’t locate any switches in the forward part of cabin where the master bedroom is. I have looked through the owners manual to no avail as well so...I don’t know... maybe they come on when hooked to the trailer hitch, but I won’t be able to check that till Friday when we head out on our first adventure in the new trailer...unless you have any other suggestions...? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #4
Jengiemulkey

Found it

Found it in the pass
Through

Tags
led