Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #1
rcmike

Splendide w/d in your TH

How do you like having the combo unit in the front of your Th ? Its going to be a bear getting it in the front bedroom on mine but it will be a nice improvement. Would you go vented or vent less if you had to do it again ? thanks
Old 03-20-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

From the posts on this forum, there's probably as many owners that swear AT their combo washer/dryer as swear BY them... If you haven't bought yet, you might want to do some research to see how satisfied (or not satisfied) owners are with that system. Seems to me the majority are opting for a stackable pair over the splendide where they can fit them into the space.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
Desert185

We carry a Splendide in the garage. Even though there is a vent, we don't use it.

It isn't like a home washer/dryer combo, but it gets the job done and prevents us from having to use a laundromat.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #4
rcmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
From the posts on this forum, there's probably as many owners that swear AT their combo washer/dryer as swear BY them... If you haven't bought yet, you might want to do some research to see how satisfied (or not satisfied) owners are with that system. Seems to me the majority are opting for a stackable pair over the splendide where they can fit them into the space.
Ive only read good things so far that's why I asked for more info. The few complaints are the RV family's that's are 4 or more cause its a small load at a time. My usage is two people. Ill keep looking for reviews, thanks
Old 03-21-2017, 05:22 AM   #5
Todd727

Vented is preferred. Ventless waste a lot of water and time from what I've read.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:42 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Do some more searching and you'll find the discussions (pro and con).

Here's one: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ighlight=dryer

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:22 AM   #7
geobet

I installed mine a few weeks ago. Was going to buy from either CW or PPL. But suffered sticker shock. Ran a check on craigslist and found one here locally that was less than two years old. Picked it up for 500. Less than half what a new one cost. Tore it down ( I own an appliance repair business) and checked everything out. Perfect! Very lightly used unit.

I hired a couple of neighbor kids (football players) to load it into the High Country's bedroom closet. Beats the heck out of me using my shop crane to load it thru the door and into the where the stairs begin and calling 911 after I try to drag it upstairs and over the closet threshold.

Mine is vented - had to drill a 4" hole in the side. Sucked! But came out perfectly. Use a stud finder both inside and out and drill a very small hole first then go at it with a hole saw before you chicken out. Easy peasy!

I've used mine several times. A bit slow but who cares. Beats the laundry at the campground. I loaded it up. Then left. Came back a couple hours later and it was done - and dry!. Wife loves it. Not as fast as what we have at the house but it does a good job.

Love the smell of fresh coffee & diesel in the morning!
geobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #8
notanlines

I always snicker when I read the ad that says it is unvented.....might I ask where the water goes? I might also ask why do y'all want to do laundry four times a week.....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #9
geobet

notanlines: Good question. Wouldn't have one that wasn't vented. We hate having dirty clothes accumulating for a week or so waiting to be washed. Stinky!! Or getting home with an armload of laundry for the DW to tackle. It's not like we're waiting around for the splendide to do its thing - few times we used it we load it up and go. Come back and its all done. Rather spend my time sightseeing (or fishing) rather than waiting around at a Laundromat. Besides, I literally hate getting out of the shower and grabbing a towel that's damp from the shower before. Really bites!! Plus, I get to be a hero by putting DW's towel in the splendide and giving her a fresh, warm towel when she's done showering. Happy wife is a good thing - besides she got the spendide and I got a new Ram - everybody wins!

Love the smell of fresh coffee & diesel in the morning!
geobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
rcmike

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and info.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #11
CaptnJohn

Not a family of 4 or more, just the 2 of us. Would never go unvented and after 1 vented we prefer if a week or so, bring them home ~ if longer a laundromat can have it all done in the amount of time 1 small load was done in the trailer. Next 5er will have stackable.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:28 AM   #12
Desert185

The venting I mentioned refers to the dryer vent out the side, not the water drain. I have a dryer vent, but usually don't use it as it is in the garage. Depending on what I carry in the garage and how long I will be away from home, I either move the Splendide around the garage or don't carry it. It is easy to roll up/down the ramp.

Having the dryer portion vented in the garage is not necessary. Opening the door with the screen door closed is enough to vent the dryer.

I bought mine as reconditioned, used. It looks and works like new for about half the price. Anything to avoid a laundromat...

Edit: It isn't for everyone, but neither is a shortbed pickup.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
rcmike

w/d combo

I like , works like a charm! !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1492559787669.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	12337  
Old 08-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #14
mikz86ta

We have a 700 model Splindide in ours. Came with it from previous owner.
I was very skeptical due to what we research about them before hand. But it's better than I expected.

It takes some getting used to on the cycles and settings.
It's a ventless. Position in the garage prevents a logical vent location. Does get garage hotter than normal.
It's been hit bottom corner but does not seem to be internal damaged. We got it that way.
Drying takes a while and heavier or thicker fabrics even longer. We made a laundry line with paracord and swivel end clips. Use the bottom of the couch/bed to hang from when it is jacked up to the roof.
We full time. Both work and she schools. Work opposite shifts/times, so one starts a load and the other pulls out to dry. Needless to say, we use it everyday.
Beats trying to find laundromat time. Plus the crap laundry equipment at our park is ancient and half don't work.
Better than nothing. Not up to pay with home convenience. Would not pay a new price for this one but it came with our RV and works
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote