Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
Geoff

Remote question

I have a 2012 XLITE 26SAB. i have the handheld remote for slides, awning, and landing gear. It works great, however when left for a few days the battery dies. Anything I can do or must I replace it? Thanks
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
bobbecky

This has been a problem with those remotes. After replacing the battery a couple of times in ours, removed the battery and tossed it in the drawer. I don't miss it and get along quite well without it. I don't believe any of the new units come with a remote system, at least like what was available in the 2012 models. There was too many problems with the system not working, locking up so nothing worked, and other issues, including eating expensive batteries.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:04 PM   #3
TAZ23

The remotes are still out there, at least on the Cougar line. I have a 2015 model Bought in Oct. of 2014.
Our remote does not have a replaceable battery. It comes with a charging cord for a wall outlet (much like a cell phone). I have had no problems with mine so far. I charged it up last spring and it lasted all year. I just recharged it last week end (only the second time since I got the trailer) and it still showed half life on the little battery meter.
If you want to have a remote you could call the manufacturer (mine is a Lippert) and ask if they have a newer version that can be programmed for your unit.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #4
Canonman

Our remote sits in the truck cab. Very handy when hooking up and need to raise the landing gear a bit for the hitch. Also lets me be outside to check clearance while extending the slides. Battery has not been a problem so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4791.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	10621  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #5
jje1960

Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Our remote sits in the truck cab. Very handy when hooking up and need to raise the landing gear a bit for the hitch. Also lets me be outside to check clearance while extending the slides. Battery has not been a problem so far.
Exactly. Remote has been and awesome benefit for us. I did replace the battery again this year, will bring it in the garage this year.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #6
randy69

My battery has lasted a year but if not used in a while it will lose its program. So have to re sync to transmitter. Found the lippert manual on line.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #7
Geoff

Thanks everyone for the input. I am going to look into the rechargeable. I too like it for landing gear when I'm in the truck. It is nice for slides also. I don't trust my wife to watch, she has no focus skills! She knows she must sit in the truck and play words with friends! I let her out of the truck when set up and she can walk into the 5er!
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote