Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
texhater42

Passport 2400BH GT

So...for the PP 2400 owners or those just familiar with the keystone idiosyncrasies...why do I have 2 grey tank indicators when I'm fairly certain there's only 1 grey tank? I did ask the question during the PDI, but there were a few times when the old man doing the PDI said, "I think so?" Or "sure?"...smh. Is there anyway (besides tearing trailer apart) to figure out location of components i.e. Water pump, fresh, grey, black tanks etc. None of these were gone over during PDI and now I'm left trying to figure it out.
Passport 2400BH
E-2 WDH
Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

texhater42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I'll let the Passport owners comment on the number of gray tanks but your water pump is usually located in close proximity to your FW tank. If your kitchen is in the rear of the unit, the FW tank is most likely located there as well.

Turn on the pump, listen for the noise it makes and try to track it down that way. It is often located behind a partition or cupboard drawer. Look for a panel with 2 or 4 Robertson (the ones with a square in the center) screws holding it in place.

The black holding tank is often located directly underneath the toilet or very close to it.

How many tank pull handles have you located? If your pull handles are underneath the unit, sometimes one of the handles is "hidden" behind a wheel well and difficult to spot. Sometimes, the handle has come loose and fallen off or broken away leaving only the pull rod which could be hard to find.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:38 AM   #3
{tpc}

Ok so I have the 2300, but the difference is the location of the bunks and the outdoor kitchen.

I assume your water hookup is up near the front of the trailer near the bedroom. This would put your FW tank if like mine right under your bed. If you lift the bed up and look in the storage area, you will see some storage but half of it will be like a box under there. If you undo the screws and open said box...theres your FW tank.

If facing the front of the trailer from the inside to the left of the bed there is a little shelf. If you take the screws off that, inside you will find the water pump. On mine it is right near where the gravity fill and regular water hookup would be found on the outside.

As for the 2 grey tanks. That one is new to me. I am thinking one of the greys is for the outside kitchen? But when looking at the specs on keystones website, it shows only 1 grey tank, so not sure why you would have 2 indicators.

That said, maybe they ran out of the right indicator panel at the factory and just put that one in?

For the HW tank, mine is located under the bottom bunk. They just took the screws out of mine and didn't replace them, probably so it would be easier to access. You will want to find it to locate the HW bypass for winterizing and unwinterizing. If you look for an old post by me you may also find the description of me determining which was which for that valve. I think lol.

All of this may be different in yours, but I have a feeling they are quite similar.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
scott24

I've been told that the panel is used on Keystones even if they only have the one tank.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #5
texhater42

Filling fresh H2O w/o hose

Anyone have any suggestions on filling FW tank without a hose?
Passport 2400BH
E-2 WDH

Old 05-07-2015, 04:58 AM   #6
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by texhater42 View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on filling FW tank without a hose?
I've been thinking about getting 2 of these. Might do it today.

http://www.rei.com/product/777828/re...ontainer-7-gal

2 would be 14 gallons so you would only have to do it twice to fill up if you have a 30 gallon tank...I think thats what I have.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 AM   #7
texhater42

FW fill

I actually have a couple of those I could use...do you know if we have a gravity fill in the trailer? Or were you just gonna funnel in the FW port outside?
Passport 2400BH
E-2 WDH

Old 05-07-2015, 08:50 AM   #8
{tpc}

Quote:
I actually have a couple of those I could use...do you know if we have a gravity fill in the trailer? Or were you just gonna funnel in the FW port outside?
Mine has a gravity fill either above or below (can't recall) the spot where you would attach a hose if full hookup. You can identify it by the lack of threads but a similar size opening that a water hose would fit into.

Just picked up 2 of those today. Looks like I will probably cut the end of the spigot off so the water comes straight out as opposed to on a 90...but should work.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:09 AM   #9
GT2400BH

Quote:
So...for the PP 2400 owners or those just familiar with the keystone idiosyncrasies...why do I have 2 grey tank indicators when I'm fairly certain there's only 1 grey tank? I did ask the question during the PDI, but there were a few times when the old man doing the PDI said, "I think so?" Or "sure?"...smh. Is there anyway (besides tearing trailer apart) to figure out location of components i.e. Water pump, fresh, grey, black tanks etc. None of these were gone over during PDI and now I'm left trying to figure it out.
You only have one grey tank. That display panel must be used in other trailers that have two tanks.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:37 AM   #10
texhater42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2400BH View Post
You only have one grey tank. That display panel must be used in other trailers that have two tanks.

Thanks for the replies!!...along with the grey tank theme...I was in the camper cleaning it out (this was about a week after I had drained grey/black tanks and parked in driveway...it has sat unused since). The shower did "back up" on our last trip (only our second in camper) but turns out the two grey tank indicators threw me off and our 1 and only grey tank was full, thus the shower "backing up"...long story short my camper has sat in the driveway with empty tanks since last Sunday. While I was cleaning today I noticed standing water in the drain of the shower (I don't understand how there's any water since I dumped it a week ago). I go and open grey tank at the dump valve and the water remains, in fact nothing came out. I took a couple of bottles of water and poured it in the shower to see if it was plugged, and you can hear the water filling the grey tank, but when I got done the water was still in the shower drain just chillin...What am I missing? I even opened up the two low points right next to the dump valves and nothing came out (not even sure if that would do anything)...no clog in the shower, and nothing drains out of grey tank despite dumping two bottles of water in the shower. The current 'attitude' of the camper is slightly nose heavy due to my driveway incline...does the shower drain empty into the front of the grey tank where the water is probably resting due to lean? I don't like the idea of water just sitting in the plumbing...even if it is just the grey tank system.
Passport 2400BH
E-2 WDH

Old 05-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #11
trucker LOU

Hey Tex, if you mean seeing water "in"the drain and not standing water in the shower/tub, there will be water visible in the drain pipe do to the"P trap in the drain pie to the tank that prevents odors from the tank entering the trailer.---Lou---
trucker LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:51 AM   #12
{tpc}

Well there could be a couple things happening. A lot of times you will have some residual come out of the faucets. Seems to occur when pressure is released some where else in the system? (not 100% on this) or could just be from a little movement shaking it out.

If you pull the gray tank valve open and run water into the gray tank, it should come out. Now depending on the angle of the trailer it may take a bit of water for it to come out, but it should come out eventually. Unless your shower is plumbed into the black tank. This shouldn't be the case but I've heard this happening sometimes. I suppose you could test it by pulling the black, once empty run shower and see if water comes out the black.

Also, for fun, push on the chloroplast underneath where the shower would be. Does it feel soggy or damp or like there is water on top of it? Maybe the gray has a leak? I'd be surprised if it did but stranger things have happened.

For what its worth I was underneath mine this weekend, the day after driving it home in a pouring rainstorm from storage. I pushed on the chloroplast in various spots and it felt dry and not soggy or mushy and no water crept out of any areas that I saw.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #13
texhater42

Tucker and tpc, thanks for the reply fellas...I've asked a few other RV owners and it would seem that the water in the drain is the trapped water to seal odors out...i appreciate the responses!
Passport 2400BH
E-2 WDH