Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
OurLuckyPenny

Operation of SlideOut, Awning, Stabilizers

Having never owned an rv with a power slideout, awning or stabilizer jacks, I was wondering how to know, on my Cougar 21RBS, when/how to stop these three items. Or does each of them automatically know when they are in place?

In other words, does my dinette slideout automatically know when it has gone out far enough or do I have to quit pushing the button/control when it appears to be extended?

And does my power awning know when it is in the proper position or do I have to stop it when it appears to be properly extended?

Likewise with the power stabilizer jacks---do they automatically know when they are extended far enough or do I have to stop them with the console button or remote button?

Probably seems like a dumb question but would appreciate any advice on this topic anyone can give us newbies.
OurLuckyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
GaryWT

Your slide will stop when it is out, you will hear it as it stops. The jacks should stop when they touch the ground but you do want to keep an eye on both. As for the awning, if it is like mine, it will start to roll up the opposite way if you keep pushing the bottom. Watch it ans just as it starts to roll the other way, stop and retract it just a bit. Line it up and tighten it up just a bit abd all will be good. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

As Gary indicated above the slides will stop when they are fully extended. When they quit, release the button. The stabilizers aren't levelers so extend them until they are firmly planted. Mine will continue down and try to move the trailer but that is not what they are meant for. I suspect if you held it down too long it might hurt the stabilizer. The awning hits the end and will start backwards - stop. My instructions for my awning (Dometic) says that the awning attachment groove should be on top when properly extended. You might want to look at your owners manual to see if it says the same thing but it probably does. Extending it until it starts to retract and the putting it out a bit usually gets you in about the right place on mine.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote