Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
clewis

2014 27DBS Questions

Just picked up a new 2014 27DBS and need as many tips about how to use the trailer. I had a demo from the dealer but cant remember everything as there is a lot to sink in for a first time trailer owner. Can anyone point me in the direction to find videos on using this model trailer.

I know i should leave the door opened when moving the slide so I don't create a vacuum. But I need to know more about connecting water, running the heat/ac, etc. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

When you did your walk through, did you not get any instruction at all on the basics --water, heat, electrical components? I realize it's a lot to take in but essential to know if you are going to use your RV.

Perhaps you can narrow it down for us and be a bit more specific as to what you know and don't know. What you seem to be asking is pretty much a basic RV101 course in learning all the ins and outs of how everything works in an RV.

The Keystone website has a few videos and UTube of course has a myriad of different videos relating to RV's. Do a Google search of these videos and type in exactly what you are looking for rather than just a general open-ended question.

I would suggest taking this one step at a time by first asking a specific question about 1 or 2 items rather than our members trying to cover everything from A to Z.

Find a suitable category for your question(s) and we'll go from there.

I've never heard about having to leave a door open to prevent a vacuum from occurring when retracting or putting out the slide. ???
Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
Kristi

We bought our first TT last year. It can be overwhelming! There are good resources available though, as Festus said keystone has some videos & so does utube. You should also have owner's manuals for the specific components in your trailer. Furnace, fridge, a/c, thermostat, HW heater, etc. The search function on here is also a good resource for common issues. Anything else you need just ask, there are a bunch of friendly experienced folks on here with possible answers.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

My tips, read thru the manuals for each system while in the trailer and trying the stuff out. Like on the refer, run it on each way it is made, propane/electirc. Take notes with things you do not understand or cannot get to work as it is supposed to. Talk to the serivce dept guys at the dealer or post the questions on here. Overall there is alot and may seen overwheling, break it down to each item or system. Have fun, enjoy the trailer.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:48 AM   #5
clewis

thanks folks.
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:30 AM   #6
chgo_spartan

we just did the walk thru of our new 27dbs last weekend and we're experienced trailer owners, so if there's anything I can help you with, let me know. :-) One thing the guy pointed out to us...the city water hookup and black water flush hookup are right next to each other. Make sure you hook the hose to the right one! He told us a story of a lady who hooked it to black water flush thinking she hooked it to city water and flooded her trailer.
chgo_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #7
HappyCamperMN

Camper Basics 101

Take a look @ this thread. I've browsed through the linked PDF and believe it's a pretty comprehensive and informative guide.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17019

After you've read that and spent some time in your new unit I expect you'll have a question or three.

Congrats and enjoy your camping season!

https://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...psyh8hlsyo.jpg
HappyCamperMN is offline   Reply With Quote