Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Abnormal

rear cargo shelf

I am interested in adding a cargo carrier in the back of my Passport. Specifically one that attaches to the frame and swing up out of the way above the number when not in use. These seem really sturdy and convenient.
I would like to hear from anyone that has experienced these. I don't know how much they cost or where I might purchase one. There are probably other posts on the subject but couldn't narrow down my search results.
Any insight appreciated
Thanks.

2010 Passport 300BH
Abnormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Abnormal

This is what I was looking for

Has anyone ever had something similar installed? It is attached directly to the frame. The dealer at the show has never had a request for one installed aftermarket and couldn't readily give me a cost estimate. Saw these at the RV Show this weekend. I've attached 2 similar models. Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140302_009.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	5191   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140302_014.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	5192  

2010 Passport 300BH
Abnormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
Dave & SUe

We have on order a new Chaparral 29 RKS.Yes we are trading off our Outback.It comes with a back rack like pictured.It has a 450# rated sticker on it.Looks to be strongly mounted.Time will tell.I plan on putting a truck tool box on it to put the heavier stuff out from the basement in it.If weight works out,also plan on putting our 100# generator on it too.Our unit wont be in until the end of this month.I have talked to a guy who has one one his trailer and says it works great.I hope ours does too.
Dave & SUe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Marcusjolaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave & SUe View Post
We have on order a new Chaparral 29 RKS.Yes we are trading off our Outback.It comes with a back rack like pictured.It has a 450# rated sticker on it.Looks to be strongly mounted.Time will tell.I plan on putting a truck tool box on it to put the heavier stuff out from the basement in it.If weight works out,also plan on putting our 100# generator on it too.Our unit wont be in until the end of this month.I have talked to a guy who has one one his trailer and says it works great.I hope ours does too.
Any updates or pictures on from your new set up?
TT, 870lbs Hitch, 7320lbs Dry, 9000lbs GVWR, Champion 3100w Gen w/wireless remote.
Marcusjolaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back, bumber, cargo, rack, rear