Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2020, 02:00 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasquez View Post
This is an awesome post, thank you! The death grip sounds like me when I was coming home from our first trip and it was so windy on the 90 lol. I def appreciate the info and will certainly look into the stiffer tires. It kind of sucks that all the people I spoke too at the RV dealer I got the camper from didn't go over a lot of this stuff with me. I even told them I want the best equipment that will help my SUV handle this trailer and the e2 was what they sold me on. I guess I should've done more research or joined this group before I purchased the camper or that expensive WD hitch...

For the time being, I'll probably do short trips this year as there are a lot of nice places that aren't far away with beautiful views on lake Onterio (like an hour or less away through country roads) while I look into seasonal spots that way I know I only have to make 2 trips with it next year... there and back!

Yes, do your research and ask questions beforehand from objective folks with no skin in the game.

The highlighted above is a reminder that the "salesman" has vested interests; none of them include you other than to make a sale and put money in his, and the dealership's, pocket. I've never talked to a salesman, in depth, about an RV and trailer combo where they had a clue about all the weight dynamics. They DO love max tow ratings and dry weights. I did however once see an RV salesman tell a potential buyer the trailer was too much for the TV.... after the potential buyer was told everything was fine with the tow vehicle after his purchase of a big Mobile Suites 5th wheel the salesman had to finally go to the buyer and tell him the trailer was too much for his tow vehicle.....they could not figure out how to get that B&W 5th wheel hitch thru the back window of his Prius.....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #22
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberian View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camping-Sto...sAAOSwSQhejSJc

Likely wouldn't arrive very quickly-
Wow, who designed this thing? They even gave it a "Darth Vader mask" on the top. It looks like I'm towing a terrorist.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #23
Huntme

don't feel bad,most of us have been there,done that.
Huntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:37 AM   #24
avasquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobirds38 View Post
Here is one.
Search Amazon for this.

QEES 30lb Ventilated Propane Tank Cover, Waterproof Gas Grill Tank Protector, Gas Cylinder Cover Fits 30-Pound Steel Propane Cylinder, Heavy Duty Oxford Cloth MQGZ01
This cover actually worked out very well, just thought I'd share an update on this just in case anyone else was in the same boat as me.

2020 Springdale 1750RD Rugged Terrain
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe XL
avasquez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, propane, tank