Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
Steve's 70-5

Rocker Switch

Put a camera on the rear of Laredo 225MK. The camera power supply is hot all the time. I have found the feed to the camera and plan on putting switch in the feed to shut the power off when not needing the camera. I looked on Amazon and there are zillions of options. Can anyone recommend a rocker switch to use. Do not want one with a light, just needs to be 2 pole. Want a good quality switch.
Steve's 70-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Why a 2 pole? Any switch would do, low voltage, low amperage equals very little load. To me, it would make sense to install a 12vdc remote switch/relay. You can pick one up for under $20 and then you don't need to go inside and you can turn it on or off from the drivers seat.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:02 AM   #3
lawdog130

If you are looking to interrupt voltage to one wire to the camera power supply any single pole single throw (SPST) rocker switch will work. You should be able to pick one up any of the chain auto parts stores.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
lawdog130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:24 AM   #4
jim1

We installed a rocker/single pole switch on our rear observation camera to shut off when not in use. The only issue we've had is if I forget to turn it on before we put the slides in. Then my lovely wife volunteer's to climb across the counter to turn it on. So I may look into the remote control switch before I wear her out. We really like our rearview and side view cameras and can bring the monitor in from the truck to use the system as a security monitor.
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:36 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Why a 2 pole? Any switch would do, low voltage, low amperage equals very little load. To me, it would make sense to install a 12vdc remote switch/relay. You can pick one up for under $20 and then you don't need to go inside and you can turn it on or off from the drivers seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
We installed a rocker/single pole switch on our rear observation camera to shut off when not in use. The only issue we've had is if I forget to turn it on before we put the slides in. Then my lovely wife volunteer's to climb across the counter to turn it on. So I may look into the remote control switch before I wear her out. We really like our rearview and side view cameras and can bring the monitor in from the truck to use the system as a security monitor.
Another gadget and it saves you're DW from being an acrobat. Sounds like a win win!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #6
Steve's 70-5

Installed a switch in the ceiling, in the closet in the bathroom. When the camera is turned off, there is no power to the lights in the outdoor kitchen. This is no big deal, since the outdoor kitchen will not be used.

Joe Walsh
Steve's 70-5 is offline   Reply With Quote