Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
bailey1575

Onan rv qg 4000 evap

So we recently purchased a carbon 33 with the onan QG 4000 evap generator in the front of toy hauler is any one else running this generator it doesn't seem to idle down like a honda or Yamaha it runs pretty fast in my opion and is much louder than expected I would have thought it to be much quieter than it is and feed back from other 4000 qg owners would be great dealer says they cant get it in until September to be looked. i seems almost as loud as an open frame champion.
bailey1575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Almost every RV service center is "swamped" this time of year. Onan does have service centers for their products that aren't RV related. They can work on your generator if you want to bypass the RV service. There are a number in or around the Portland area, so you might give some of them a call and see if they can get you in sooner than September.

http://power.cummins.com/sales-service-locator

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
bailey1575

I think we may have found issue the clamp for exhaust pipe has contacted the
frame of generator base and was causing noise as such it made system seem louder than normal. also considering surrounding gen box in noise absorbent mat waiting for manufacture to respond on a correct and safe material to use thanks for feed back.
Onan said that that gen only runs one speed and is normal except for noise which I found.
I did also ordered a slip on resonator on line that is for onan generators.
bailey1575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #4
gary31

I have a carbon 31 with the Onan 4k unit. As they have said it does not throttle up or down like a Honda. It is louder than my Honda so I use the Honda more at night.

Enjoying the Grandkids like No Tomorrow!
-----------------------------------------------
2015 Carbon 31
2013 F250 CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel
2005 Honda Rancher & 2017 RZR 900S
gary31 is offline   Reply With Quote