Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
threejaws

2012 keystone sprinter 308bhs radio problems

My 2012 sprinter has the Linear Series rv5055 stereo in it. This is the second one I have had put in. The first one the display quit working. This one keeps cycling through the different modes, from ipod, cd,....... and don't stop. I have pushed the reset botton on it but nothing changes.
Has anybody had this issue? It is like it is stuck in demo mode.
threejaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
threejaws

Here is a pic of it.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
raytronx

See if any of the buttons is kinda stuck in. Sometimes the plastic can get wedged and keep a button from releasing. The buttons should all have a little click to them.

2011 Keystone Cougar 276RLSWE
1994 Ford F350 7.3L IDI DRW

LoveYourRV.com
raytronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If the buttons all appear to be working, take the battery out of the remote or take it out of the RV to another place for storate and try again. Possibly, the remote is "stuck" and keeps sending a signal to the radio to change modes.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #5
threejaws

Thanks, I will give it a try.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Wdwfamof4

Smile

Thanks so much! I was searching for troubleshooting and came across this post. We are camping now, and tried changing the batteries in the remote....working great now! We have had our 2013 Keystone Sprinter 297 RET for a year now. Our Linear Series radio was switching between IPOD, Disc and Mute. We are happy campers now!!
Wdwfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
8isenough

Smile Stero problems

Just wanted to thank you for your post about the Stereo always switching to Ipod mode... This has been happening to us since we bought our camper last July, we changed the batteries in our remote and it seems to working just fine. But before going on line to read this we had brought the camper into the dealer 3 times for this and it has been replaced once, and it just started doing the same thing again with the new stereo... did some looking online and found this helpful info! thanks a bunch.
8isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:07 AM   #8
Rzwettler

This has given me fits, but I finally solved the issue. I tried removing the batteries from the remote, but that didn't work. I reset it many times and that didn't work either. My final solution was to remove the IPOD cable completely. If you are somewhat tech savvy, this is not that hard to do. Remove the unit from the trailer. Unscrew the faceplate from the back. Follow the IPOD cable to the circuit board where it connects to a 9 pin connector. I couldn't get it to pop off so I simply cut the wires right at the connector. Then you can remove the strain relief and pull the wire out. I think it was shorting somewhere in there and causing the unit to think an IPOD had been connected. I just left it on over night and the radio was still working fine in the morning.
Rzwettler is offline   Reply With Quote