Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #21
Seabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeyres View Post
I would go with removing whatever part you can and blocking the vent partially with the duct tape. I would probably go for 3/4 the vent. You should still have more than enough going into the head/latrine/john/bathroom/toilet . I sure wouldn't worry about velocity in an RV. I've always gone through adjusting those vents to get the air where I want it.
Good copy on 3/4 of the vent.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #22
ReadyToRoll

Funny you should post this. lol Just came in from doing exactly what you were thinking. My unit's vents don't have a flow adjustment, just direction. I had, last summer, completely blocked off the vents to the garage and also the upper bunk area. I also am just using the upper bunk for storage so also installed a curtain to keep from having to heat or cool the area. I also found one on the ceiling just 4' away from the ac unit so was able to close it off almost completely using a piece of tin foil. Did leave a small opening just for the air circulation. WOW, what a difference in air flow in the bedroom. Now have at least 3 times the air volume. Can live with a bit warmer kitchen area but would like it to have a bit more air flow when sleeping if especially warm. I can though, change the air volume on the main ac vent at the unit so should really have no problems.
ReadyToRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #23
Seabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToRoll View Post
Funny you should post this. lol Just came in from doing exactly what you were thinking. My unit's vents don't have a flow adjustment, just direction. I had, last summer, completely blocked off the vents to the garage and also the upper bunk area. I also am just using the upper bunk for storage so also installed a curtain to keep from having to heat or cool the area. I also found one on the ceiling just 4' away from the ac unit so was able to close it off almost completely using a piece of tin foil. Did leave a small opening just for the air circulation. WOW, what a difference in air flow in the bedroom. Now have at least 3 times the air volume. Can live with a bit warmer kitchen area but would like it to have a bit more air flow when sleeping if especially warm. I can though, change the air volume on the main ac vent at the unit so should really have no problems.
Thanks for posting. Feedback like this is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:06 AM   #24
Mizterusa

Glad to hear this

[currently camping and needed a solution to this problem. Not sure why they waste a cold air in the tiny bathroom but I popped my louvered one out and stuck it in a ziploc sealed and popped it back in, no noise no airflow so great temp solution til I get the adjustable louvers or does anyone know it the disk style would pop in? You jus spin it whichever direction to open or fully close the vent. 👍😊

QUOTE=JRTJH;174059]The part that turns
will "pop out" but the remainder of the vent is "hard installed" in the ducting.

You can buy a replacement vent with baffles in it at CW (or most RV parts stores). There are available baffled vents available so that you only have to pop out the rotating part and pop in the baffled rotating part.

Remember that air "whistles, hisses or howls" when restricted, so be prepared for some increased noise at the bathroom vent. Otherwise, go for it, the very worst that could happen is some condensation forming where the reduced volume of air blows.[/QUOTE]
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote