Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #1
rode2nowhere

tv in outside kitchen compartment?

I have the 2011 311bhs with outdoor kitchen and it has tv cable plate there, if any of you have installed a tv in this area where did you put it? With the cabinets and sink I really don't see a place to install one....
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
cabinfever

We have a small tv, I think it is a 19", that we store in its box beside the couch when not in use. When using, it fits nicely in a few places on the counter. It can be pushed all the way back and out of the way when using the kitchen, we cover it with a towel to splash guard it.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
rode2nowhere

So yours is not mounted in the kitchen.......that looks like the only way tp me too...
Old 05-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
AlbertaRvMan

I suggest you look at some pictures of the premier 31bhpr, this is the model I have and it comes with a tv mounted in the outdoor kitchen, maybe this will help guide you.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #5
rode2nowhere

thanks, will do
Old 05-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
{tpc}

"If" I had the outdoor kitchen, I would likely find a way to permanently mount it in there. when we went to some of the shows before we bought and saw the outdoor kitchens, I looked at the fridge and thought while cool, it seemed unnecessary. I would probably just remove it and put it in my house, and then use that space to permanently mount a tv.

I was thinking that they might not hold up to all the shock they would take, but they must, but I have to think the ones in the inside take a decent amount of shock as well. I think the real worry would be running it during weird temp swings where it starts off a hot day, gets really cool at night, and then repeats. Dew a condensation are not a circuit boards best friend.

For us, the solution will be to mount a second tv in the inside for the bedroom, that will have a removable base so it can be toted outside. The issue is how to get the cable back out from the inside however.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
rode2nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
"If" I had the outdoor kitchen, I would likely find a way to permanently mount it in there. when we went to some of the shows before we bought and saw the outdoor kitchens, I looked at the fridge and thought while cool, it seemed unnecessary. I would probably just remove it and put it in my house, and then use that space to permanently mount a tv.

I was thinking that they might not hold up to all the shock they would take, but they must, but I have to think the ones in the inside take a decent amount of shock as well. I think the real worry would be running it during weird temp swings where it starts off a hot day, gets really cool at night, and then repeats. Dew a condensation are not a circuit boards best friend.

For us, the solution will be to mount a second tv in the inside for the bedroom, that will have a removable base so it can be toted outside. The issue is how to get the cable back out from the inside however.
fridge is a nice touch to us,,,,cold drinks right there, I can mount a small tv under the cabinets but I have to remove the paper towel holder I put there
Old 05-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #8
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by rode2nowhere View Post
fridge is a nice touch to us,,,,cold drinks right there, I can mount a small tv under the cabinets but I have to remove the paper towel holder I put there
Umm ya...bye bye paper towel holder! Hehe
Old 05-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #9
cabinfever

Ours is not permanently mounted. I like it that way. If the weather is not the greatest I leave it inside.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:39 AM   #10
rode2nowhere

its dry in there, I would leave it
Old 05-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #11
GaryWT

My 31bhpr, Premier and previous North Trail 30 qok had the outside kitchen and tv. Love it, mounted under the cabinet and just over the counter. Sink is in the corner and we have a portable paper towel holder. Love the fridge for drinks and eggs, cheese burgers etc on those hot days.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote