Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #1
Doozer12

5th wheel light

Hey everyone
Question I have a 2016 cougar 5th wheel and the front light for the 5th wheel seems to magically turn itself on . It can be turned on with a switch outside or by the remote .
My question is this. My battery Is turned off and there is no DC power and I'm not plugged into AC . none of the lights will work with the battery turned off anywhere inside or outside . How does this stupid light still work . I went inside and turned it off with the remote . Does it power somewhow from the remote ?
Doozer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #2
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer12 View Post
Hey everyone
Question I have a 2016 cougar 5th wheel and the front light for the 5th wheel seems to magically turn itself on . It can be turned on with a switch outside or by the remote .
My question is this. My battery Is turned off and there is no DC power and I'm not plugged into AC . none of the lights will work with the battery turned off anywhere inside or outside . How does this stupid light still work . I went inside and turned it off with the remote . Does it power somewhow from the remote ?
Some things are hot off the battery and that is one. So are propane detectors and a few other things. Some front landing gear are also hot to the battery.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #3
Doozer12

Thank you for the reply. I wondered if there was some things like the sensors etc . I'll leave the remote out of the holder .
Doozer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:24 PM   #4
BookPaul74

Took me a while to figure out how to turn it off. A friend had the same problem and I was able to clue him in. 😁
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, light